Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-15-2023, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're fine playing a single player application, just riding the boat, then that's fine. I have no problem with that.

But the spirit of Everquest is an MMO, the keyword being multiplayer. Until they get the project to a point where they can at least match P99 in terms of their multiplayer capacity, this project won't actually be Everquest.
I just said that the boat could have a party of friends raising and lowering the sails while we yo ho ho around a giant ocean of tears.

im not describing everquest, but I am describing heaven
Old 01-15-2023, 12:58 AM
Banned

Thumbs down TITLE GOES HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did yall see this ?

https://youtu.be/3YxHnc-8K_4

It's insane
insanely ugly.

imagine thinking Graphics is the answer to why mmorpgs have sucked dogshit through a straw for the last 24 years.

and to you sir, Mr. V...
Jackie Brown | ‘Your Ass Used to be Beautiful.webm

swear to go i think I'm the last real mother fucker on the entire server. seek christ and seek a dungeon master you idiots....
Old 01-15-2023, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah what they are really missing are the optimism of classic everquest players.
Old 02-20-2023, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

EQ Lantern seems to have a good bunch. I'm sure you'll be hearing about it in the coming years. As they said, they are gradually just working on the pillar foundations of the code right now. So that later once everything runs smoothly, something like a re-imagining could be possible. And the sky is the limit for that. Definitely check out EQLantern project and download the assets and read how to extract. As they stated the model is in the recoding process so its a single player format that once it works they will get to the multiplayer portion. But code, when they are only doing it on their free time, can take a while. I know currently that if someone like @Deathsilkymist really wanted. They could, without any experience or drawing skill load up EQLantern, download the free program blender and import, say East Commonlands original map and then recreate it using Blender, which is a industry standard program used today for environmental design. Hopefully in the coming weeks I can try it out as well as I stated. Hopefully good things from EQLantern. As I said, seems like legit passionate people who are working on it on the side gradually.

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Old 02-20-2023, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah what they are really missing are the optimism of classic everquest players.
Oh we live and breath. =D We are just leveling our mains or playing with friends. Hope yall have a good day, back to Green.
~Trys 51 Ogre Warrior Green server.

TRYS' Consignment WTB/WTS Blue (retired) :: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=88143
Old 02-21-2023, 03:03 AM
Planar Protector

Just to say... you've got 1 person putting their spare time into these remakes, and the whole team at Pantheon is taking years to do terrain.
Old 02-21-2023, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sadly none of these are impressive. It really isn't difficult these days to throw some assets into a game engine and use the default (already coded and working) player control systems to make a scene that you can run around in. It only takes a few hours if you know the game engine and how to rip assets.

As TercerRigo says, none of these are probably playable over the network, so they are just a single player experience. And while yes, Unreal's default player controller/pawn has networking capabilities out of the box, I doubt they know how to utilize those features in any meaningful way.

Legally the people making these videos can't release their work. If Daybreak really wanted to remaster Everquest 1, it wouldn't be difficult for them. The game is relatively simple compared to modern games. They just don't want to, because the demand isn't there.
Lol I bet you could do better?
Old 02-21-2023, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

what will release first this or pantheon?
Old 02-22-2023, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what will release first this or pantheon?
I feel like there's no drive for release among the Pantheon devs. If they work remotely that's probably even more a thing.

If you ever catch a Twitch stream they never ever EVER talk about a target for a full release.

It's got EQ Next vibes all over it sadly.