Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-13-2023, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the entire server is not classic
Please stay on p2002 forums thanks
Old 02-13-2023, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please stay on p2002 forums thanks
yeah TAKP (p2002) is more classic by a wide margain than any eq emulator in existence.

the software TAKP uses was taken straight from verant, while every other emulator is guesswork as to how things were.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the software TAKP uses was taken straight from verant, while every other emulator is guesswork as to how things were.
How does that work? I thought not even Verant/SOE/Daybreak had the original code from Verant?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Blue has been custom content since day 1. Green has been custom content since day 1.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah TAKP (p2002) is more classic by a wide margain than any eq emulator in existence.

You're very wrong.
Old 02-13-2023, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Burnyai Berserkers

Gnoll berserkers would be cool too!
Old 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not necessarily true. Certainly, back when the project first started (in 2010)
I've been playing here since 2009. You know Zexa's 'server first manastone'? Yeah, I looted that on my mage named Magic. Freeze (Penoy) looted about 10 of them before I did. This entire shard is based on people using showeq/macroquest and GMs killing everyone's fun after it was beta tested for about 2 years, and then they took everything away from us. Except for a few people that duped endless amounts of plat and got to keep it for some reason. **cough Jeremy cough**

It's a modded classic server, with no custom content that makes things enjoyable. The only time things are 'customized' is to destroy methods of fast exp/platinum/pixel gain. Think of it as refined masochism..
Old 02-14-2023, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry, I realize now that sentence was misleading.

What I meant was "back in the early days of the project, Rogean made a post (and that post was in 2010)". I wasn't trying to suggest the project started in 2010 ... but again, I worded it poorly.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-14-2023, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How does that work? I thought not even Verant/SOE/Daybreak had the original code from Verant?
ive heard from multiple sources of a rumor that someone within verant was unhappy that the MAC server got ignored, no support, barely any patches.

all EQMAC live ever got was kunark, velious, luclin and PoP and major patches. anything broken was left broken, quests incomplete that were complete on live.

so as i was told this person copied all the EQMAC data and took it home one day, then it eventually found its way to the folks who made TAKP

its just a rumor of course, but ive spent alot of time playing both P99 and TAKP. and takp has that feel that i remember from live circa ~2001.

P99 while fun in its own right, does feel artificial. especially when you stare at that melee damage window and have autistic pattern recognition powers.
Old 02-15-2023, 08:26 PM
Orc

what i want to see is bristlebane and his drops added. Still classic in spirit and doesnt go too far.