Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-12-2023, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that's what I mean happens. Buy an item for 1k and another trader lists it at 10k the next day.

It's normal on P99 but it wasn't like that on TAKP before.

Shit was so cheap for years.
oh ok yeah i started on takp a lil over a year ago, i remember thinking OMFG everything is so cheap, that was before the PoP launch.

since then i've noticed the prices of those same items doubling even tripling, i figured it was just due to the influx of players from PoP launching, p99 green winding down, no new live TLPs etc.

they were stuck in luclin for a long time, and they have like 1/3 the p99 population, so their market was saturated with gear, driving prices down.

and then the PoP hordes came
Old 03-12-2023, 03:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've had alot of XP with the takp baz recently but due to the low population i still come back to the p99 forums for just that reason alone. i want to move on with my life but thanks to human nature i just cannot. human interaction and relatively highly restricted rules of p99 has become a double edge sword, people come here for the rules, but some hate the rules just the same. being alone is one of the worst things that can happen to a human.
Old 03-12-2023, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

ok i read that like 5 times and still don't get it. pretty sure its not the autism this time, pretty sure its just you.

so i post on p99 forums because the p99 forum pop is low?

I can't move on with my life, because human nature is sedentary?

TAKP rules are probably enforced harder than p99, they ban people for chat abuse regularly, while we still see N-words in /ooc on p99

I've got family, friends and a sweet gf, im not alone and i couldn't imagine what else I am missing.

I understand that you are trying to troll me, but why wouldn't you pick one of the posts where I am being completely ridiculous and talking myself deeper and deeper into a hole, instead of a benign post about takp's bazaar

hope this helps:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2023, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh ok yeah i started on takp a lil over a year ago, i remember thinking OMFG everything is so cheap, that was before the PoP launch.

since then i've noticed the prices of those same items doubling even tripling, i figured it was just due to the influx of players from PoP launching, p99 green winding down, no new live TLPs etc.

they were stuck in luclin for a long time, and they have like 1/3 the p99 population, so their market was saturated with gear, driving prices down.

and then the PoP hordes came
I did think the bazaar encouraged competition and lowered prices. Maybe there is an element of truth. I think it also allows the opposite - you can see what everyone else charges so you can ‘fix’ a price.

The great thing about melees on p99 is it is very easy to buy a 11/25 weapon for like 20pp (or less). It doesn’t take many skeletons / spiderlings / pelts / belts to accrue that. I think part of it is the charitable server mindset - people know it benefits them to give new tanks a leg up, especially as it is a potential future group member for them.

On takp something like a green jade broadsword or cane of the tranquil is 150pp minimum. People on takp are far less likely to open lines of communication with you let alone help you. It is very lonely there.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-12-2023, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is very lonely there.
really hasn't been my experience, ppl often group with me or ask if im lookin for a guild

on the daily ppl give stuff away at the DB, its often really good pieces worth 1-5k or more on both projects

Extended Zones felt lonely, you become really aware of how low the pop is when you got 11 bots following you.

but after all the MQ2 setup it was really amusing to hit a few keys and watch 2 groups worth of players go robot mode on boss mobs
Old 03-12-2023, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is kind of limiting that half elves seem to be just a cross between humans and wood elves, excluding not only dark and high elves but also barbarians and erudites from the equation. Considering as much, it's odd that teir`dal adamantite armor can be worn by half elves.

More diversity among half elves could've provided them with more starting cities and class options.
Old 03-12-2023, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is kind of limiting that half elves seem to be just a cross between humans and wood elves, excluding not only dark and high elves but also barbarians and erudites from the equation. Considering as much, it's odd that teir`dal adamantite armor can be worn by half elves.

More diversity among half elves could've provided them with more starting cities and class options.
half elf paladins of tunare start in felwithe. possibly half high elf??
Old 03-12-2023, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

The lore seems a bit controversial on this. Character creation is explicit half elves are wood elf + human, but there are so many hints for other race combos (tunare paladins in felwith, dark elf armour, warriors of justice suggesting barby parents).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-12-2023, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

aren't dark elves a cross between high elves and orcs?

or is that a different game's lore
Old 03-12-2023, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
aren't dark elves a cross between high elves and orcs?

or is that a different game's lore
Bing told me it's Norse shit. then Tolkien shit.

The svartálfr, which translates as “black elves,” were held separate from the “light elves,” who were called ljósálfar or hvítálfar. Beyond this, however, little is known about these races or their homelands.

Tolkien said that in his earliest conception, the Dark Elves were "imagined as wandering about, and often ill-disposed towards the 'Light-Elves'"

and as we all know everything after tolkien shit is ripped off from tolkein shit