Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Enchanter single target techniques

Hello,

I'm a lvl 22 Enchanter. This is the highest level I've reached on a character, so I don't know a ton about the game other than what I read on the wiki and learn from others.

I almost exclusively reverse charm/charm everything and tend to look for camps that allow this to work. However, I keep finding scenarios where I really want to single pull a named or high HP mob, but I just don't feel like I'm doing it right.

What I've been doing with pretty terrible results is Root > Tash > Highest Nuke > Second highest Nuke > Repeat

Would anyone be interested in sharing how they would go about doing single target kills at my level?

Is there a lower level version of stun locking? I love the concept of the color line rotation, but understand it's not fully powered until level 44.

Any thoughts would be awesome. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Kobold

Have you purchased your animation spells from high keep? They at least give you a summoned pet to help out. I don't remember how effective they are at that level.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Is there a reason you're not wanting to simply charm an appropriately leveled monster in the area, rooting / slowing the named mob and letting the charmed monster help you ?
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-26-2019, 04:44 PM
Banned

If not charming.

Just root, tash, slow and chain summon animations. Nukes arent worth it mana wise.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

I prefer tash -> root not the other way around. Unless you're fighting in really tight spaces, you have time to root after, but that way have lower chance on that root resisting.

If tight spaces, mez -> tash -> root -> nukes. Mez will resist less often than root (though neither really outright resists on anything blue after you tash).

Use animation for added damage when you get hit. It won't steal xp often unbuffed and is efficient damage:mana.

Some of early dots are more efficient than nukes until they start having really long durations. Use those on stuff you're generally keeping rooted besides just your nukes.

Consider only using your most efficient nuke and catching med ticks between casts instead of cycling multiple nukes, maybe, as long as the mob is low enough root doesn't break a whole lot.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-26-2019 at 08:53 PM..
Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If not charming.

Just root, tash, slow and chain summon animations. Nukes arent worth it mana wise.
Don't do this, imo.

Half xp per kill and relying on squishy animation and an ineffective slow is not better xp than just playing like a wizard.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't do this, imo.

Half xp per kill and relying on squishy animation and an ineffective slow is not better xp than just playing like a wizard.
You want get half exp as long as you make sure the animation dies before you finish the mob off.
Old 04-27-2019, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't do this, imo.

Tiny daggers are cheap as hell. Just /pet go away, finish mob for full exp and summon another. Still cheaper then using nukes/dots.

At 24, 1 slow and a pet is 230 mana compared to 2 nukes for 200 mana that will only do 250 hp. Thats not factoring in root on nukes breaking your current root. Charming is best route. But if charming isnt an option in your 20s, playing a bootleg mage is the next best option.
Last edited by Qtip; 04-27-2019 at 02:29 PM..
Old 04-27-2019, 04:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I appreciate all of the info. To answer a question above; yes, it's due to not having something available to charm. For example, forest giants in Warslik woods. I can handle the saplings, but they spawn one at a time, rarely in a pair, with the evergreens conning much higher than I can handle. That's just a basic example.

I have no issues charming and double killing pairs. So, my question was really just wanting to see how other enchanters handle this. I just figured it should be easier for me to solo kill a same level mob without running completely out of mana, and sometimes having to gate out. I'm going to try and be more efficient with nukes and incorporate DOTs to see how that works out.

Thanks again for all the info!
Old 04-27-2019, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tiny daggers are cheap as hell. Just /pet go away, finish mob for full exp and summon another. Still cheaper then using nukes/dots.

At 24, 1 slow and a pet is 230 mana compared to 2 nukes for 200 mana that will only do 250 hp. Thats not factoring in root on nukes breaking your current root. Charming is best route. But if charming isnt an option in your 20s, playing a bootleg mage is the next best option.
Has the command to kill a summoned pet always worked for chanters?
Closed Thread