Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exp penalties on hybrids/bards, can't play those.
I see this a lot. Why do people not play classes with exp penalties? You just play the game longer. I don't see the problem. Sure we all have jobs (or not), but you don't have to play more hours per week...you just play more weeks. Then, you end up at max level with everyone else.

I just wanna say, guys, you can play classes/races with exp penalties. You can!!
Last edited by Videri; 11-06-2019 at 12:24 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 12:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see this a lot. Why do people not play classes with exp penalties? You just play the game longer. I don't see the problem. Sure we all have jobs (or not), but then it just takes you a longer period of time...and you end up at max level with everyone else.

I just wanna say, guys, you can play classes/races with exp penalties. You can!!
I have no issues taking an exp penalty, but it becomes "is this group going to invite me with my exp penalty?". I wanted to play a bard, but this is a huge factor in skipping it.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-06-2019, 12:25 AM
Banned

this was ap roblem last week not now
Old 11-06-2019, 12:26 AM
Fire Giant

You picked THE lowest played and arguably the most difficult class to play in classic and one that requires a tank which is the second least played to make it worse and complain about it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

With that said... spent three hours with a rogue tanking today in CB Worked well.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no issues taking an exp penalty, but it becomes "is this group going to invite me with my exp penalty?". I wanted to play a bard, but this is a huge factor in skipping it.
Yeah, people dont wana take that exp hit.

These things were fixed when discovered for these reasons.

If it just mean I took the hit and had to grind more id be an SK tank right now.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:30 AM
Decaying Skeleton

It isn't classic, but god damn I'd love if ZEMs were altered. There are so many dungeons I never experienced in the true classic era, and I likely still won't now because the risk/reward is so borked up in classic EQ nobody wants to do them.

I'd love so much for the ZEMs to be randomized every week(s) between dungeons. Don't even inform the playerbase which is which, make it be figured out just like it was way back when.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

Good point about the penalty's effect on a group. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can still play them, though!
Old 11-06-2019, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You picked THE lowest played and arguably the most difficult class to play in classic and one that requires a tank which is the second least played to make it worse and complain about it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

With that said... spent three hours with a rogue tanking today in CB Worked well.
Did you seriously just say that rogues are arguably one of the most difficult classes to play? Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll what? Not even f'n close. In fact, it's probably the easiest.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see this a lot. Why do people not play classes with exp penalties? You just play the game longer. I don't see the problem. Sure we all have jobs (or not), but you don't have to play more hours per week...you just play more weeks. Then, you end up at max level with everyone else.

But if I don't hit max level as soon as possible I won't be able to stand around as long!

It's really just the mindset of gamers in mmorpg these days, not focused on the world and journey through it; but instead the concept of "end game"

I blame World of Warcraft, naturally.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you seriously just say that rogues are arguably one of the most difficult classes to play? Lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll what? Not even f'n close. In fact, it's probably the easiest.
None of the classes in EQ are difficult. Classic EQ isn't rly difficult at all, just a large timesink.
Closed Thread