Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Default Green Bard hot bar set up?

Have my bard on green up to level 7. I have 1-4 as macros for /stop song /cast.

Have an inc message and assist macro on other two.

What are you guys doing for other stuff like weapons swaps etc.?

First bard and looking for tips.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2019, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

get rid of the song macros; just set your song gem casts to keys. and either use up 4 of your 6 hotbar slots for weapon/instrument swapping or play with your inventory open always.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get rid of the song macros; just set your song gem casts to keys. and either use up 4 of your 6 hotbar slots for weapon/instrument swapping or play with your inventory open always.
Nailed it. Great pink grapefruit post.

Do I get an achievement for being the first person to say that? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OP, I’d suggest putting the inc macro on page 2. I find it easy enough to do Shift 2, 2, Shift 1. I hope it works for you.

So perhaps the following:
1. Primary
2. Secondary
3. Inventory slot 1 (or 6)
4. Inventory slot 2 or 3 (or 8)
5. /assist macro (bound to F or G or something else close to WASD)
6. I don’t know!

Page 2 can have assist macro in the same spot, inc macro, maybe a “how’s mana?” macro, Sense Heading...

What do you think?
Old 11-10-2019, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Omgawd y’all double tap for every song? Gross
Old 11-10-2019, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go hard or go home imo. this isn't a fucking game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i'd go:

1: primary
2: secondary
3: inventory
4: inventory
5: forage
6: track

pages 2-3 would have the rp macros and all the other skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nailed it. Great pink grapefruit post.

Do I get an achievement for being the first person to say that? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mean.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go hard or go home imo. this isn't a fucking game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i'd go:

mean.
Hmmmm lol I go with the work smarter not harder mantra but you enjoy hitting twice the keys to do the same stuff
Old 11-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmmm lol I go with the work smarter not harder mantra but you enjoy hitting twice the keys to do the same stuff
it's not smarter tho. it's less efficient. and when you start getting insta clickies each one needs a hotkey slot too, if you want to do everything you can to protect against dispells. wasting hotkey slots as the class with the most skills (and needing to have inventory slots accessible out of necessity) in an era where there are only 6 slots per hotkey page is downright bad barding.

*tap tap* .... *tap tap* ...
Old 11-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

I have no issues using all my skills, swapping instruments and using clickies while not double tapping every song, I’m hitting less buttons than you every session and doing just as much not sure how it’s less efficient. I Guess I’m just a bad bard. Maybe you should give me lessons sometime
Old 11-11-2019, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don't double tap. I roll. I hit 1 then 2, super fast. 12! The 1 turns off the current song and the 2 starts Song 2. Then I hit 2 then 3, super fast. 23! And so on.

Quote:
I have no issues using all my skills, swapping instruments and using clickies while not double tapping every song, I’m hitting less buttons than you every session and doing just as much not sure how it’s less efficient. I Guess I’m just a bad bard. Maybe you should give me lessons sometime
Naw, both ways are valid! There are pros and cons. Plus, once your fingers know a way of doing things, you stick to that way because your fingers are already fast at it.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i'd go:

But wait! What about a /assist macro? With only one hotbar...isn't this the only way? Is there another way to do /assist with a single keystroke without making a macro?

Personally, I don't want to forage that much, and I like to have the tracking window closed some of the time. Those go on Hotbar Page 2 for me. But even more important, with only 6 buttons, I bet we could put something more critical in that last slot or two.
Last edited by Videri; 11-11-2019 at 03:39 AM..
Closed Thread