Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Default Shaman pets should not have any speed bonus.

Not sure if it's a quirk of of pathing or just a speed bonus being given to them. There would have been tons of chatter about shaman pets in PvP if they could chase down same level players with same level SoW. Didn't happen.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

As a side note I've only tested this with NPC shaman pets, and only in dungeons for that matter. It's possible the player pets are fine, as mentioned it might be some AI/pathing quirk related to casters to. I mention it because it''s small enough it might have gone under the radar.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

NPCs can cast SoW in dungeons (on p99). Indoor shaman mobs do SoW their pets and it's pretty annoying. Does that explain what you're observing? Was it like that on Live?
Old 08-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPCs can cast SoW in dungeons (on p99). Indoor shaman mobs do SoW their pets and it's pretty annoying. Does that explain what you're observing? Was it like that on Live?
They also SoW themselves, so that shouldn't be an issue.

And was what like it? casting SoE pets? Yep...Even cooler if you got charmed by a shaman, first thing they do to you is give you SoW. LOL.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

mind blown

Also, it seems to me non-shaman npc pets are also unusually fast. I was just pulling in Kith last night and the pet is always way ahead of the master, even if the master doesn't stop to cast.

How can we document it so they can actually do something about it?
Old 08-12-2020, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Hmmm, I seem to remember the pets at chessboard reaching our group faster than the knights (right?) when I was leveling there as well, but I never cared enough to see if there were any casts going on between.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

get the pet and its owner right on top of you in melee then gate far away but not too far. make sure the caster doesnt start casting spells during gate casting. Then you can tell if they move to fast. i haent test on necro or mage pets.. they tend to be harder to find in dungeond but shamans are everywhere. perhaps its all pets? for sure right now i know its shaman pets. But like is said 2x this might just be a pathing quirk in certain dungeons.