Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default Pockete the Noble Gnome

I, like many gnomes, was born in the great gnomish babyning.

Some say it was the gods involved in so many births so close together.... others say it was a tricksy wizard who had put love potion into the gnomes supply of muffins causing unprecedented conceptions....

Either way, there were many gnomes when I was growing up and the great city of Ak'anon was more full of life than ever before!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But, one night... a great war brewed outside of our gates in the Steamfont Mountains.

Evil unlike anything seen before had arrived, and the mountains were swarming with creatures of every kind!!!! So, me and my brothers and sisters went out into the darkness to meet the threat....

Many gnomes died that night. Spiders, wolves, kobolds....all with a hunger for gnome.... it was war!!

The horrors , the horrors!!!

But eventually we began to win the battle, and soon the Steamfont mountains were safe with gnomes everywhere pushing back the dangers.

Then it struck me....if we had experienced such things, the rest of the world must surely be in trouble!!! I knew others out there needed help!

Sure, I wasn't so good at magics... and couldn't fight as good as other gnomes... but I had a rusty spear and could stab pretty ok.

So I left the mountains on my quest....a quest to become a great noble gnome and save the other races of Norrath as we had done for ourselves that night!

As I traveled through the forest, eventually I came upon another battle scene.... the dwarves also had seemingly lost many of their kind in the great event.

"Do not worry fellows! I wills protects you!" I told them, and together we created a force to hold back the beetles and snakes from closing in on their city of Kaladim.

We fought long into the night, and learnt much from each other.

But before long more dwarves arrived...and my work was done. It was time for me to continue on, and seek other noble deeds.

It's then that I heard rumors of a vampire king. Perhaps he was behind all the evil we'd seen?!

I knew what I had to do.... I had to go to his castle, find him, and stop him once and for all!!!!!!!! I was already of the 5th season, and my spear would make short work of one such as him....if the rumors were even true.

You see, while I may not be so great at fightin....or know any magics... I do have a knack for ....well.... being ignored.

I dunno, I guess growing up around so many gnomes it just came naturally to me.... I could stand in a full room during a party and be COMPLETELY INVISIBLE!

Even better, with practice I was beginning to be able to control this strange power!!

Impressive, I know.

But finally, instead of making me always get left behind....I had a use for it! And I used it to my advantage to walk right through the great vampires castle....straight into the throne room!!

"I comes to stop your king!!" I said....

But, sadly, my natural ability was too powerful...and it was like they didn't even hear me.

"Fine!! Ignore me!!! Imma find him myself!!!"

And with that I kept walking to explore the rest of the castle.

Eventually I'd searched every inch of the place!!! Even a mysterious crypt...but nowhere could I find an evil king to stop... simply an old painting.

I guess, even if the rumors is true, he must have been long gone already. And definitely not the one behind all the battles happening around the world.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

As I left the castle, sad I couldn't face the great king... suddenly I saw it!! A UNICORN!!

Of course, it walked right past me... but I'm pretty used to that...

Still!! It was obviously a sign! That I should go out, further into the world to save others on my noble quest.

So I went and bought a ticket to leave Faydwer and continue on my journey....to Antonica!!! The land of men and monsters!

We sailed for days....and on the journey were others leaving for various reasons. Some sought riches, others wanted to try the muffins of the humans, and some wanted adventure....

But me? I was gonna be a hero!!!!

Eventually we landed in Freeport, and I continued on....past the commons....the forest of the Kithicor....and soon found myself in the city of Highpass Hold.

Of course, I tell everyone I meet how I'm going to be a hero....as a great hero does!

But one high elf I told seemed especially interested! He said he believed me, and even knew A PRINCESS! And not even a vampire one!

Not just that, she was nearby, in the keep!!! And I should go and meet her!!!!!

So I climbed up the many stairs to a secret back room where he said she would meet me...and waited....

Eventually she showed up and didn't seem too impressed by my amazing stair climbing abilities....but she thanked me for opening the door for her....

Oh well, I guess it was somethin... so I returned to the high elf and he had another task for me, to give her an amulet he had of hers.

Pretty strange though, since she was standing right next to him..... I dunno, it was getting a little weird for me....but that's how royalty is I guess.

So I handed her the amulet and she seemed extra thankful! Even giving me a note for a royal weapon from her personal royal armory!!!!!

With such a weapon, I would surely be well on my way to being a true noble gnome! Everyone would see it on my belt and finally pay attention!

So I left the Keep and hurried on my way! I had to get back to her elvish city to get that fancy weapon!!

But....something seemed strange on my return... I didn't remember the commonlands being so open...and plainsy....

I stayed at inns along the way though, and eventually even found some barbarian fishermens. They told me about their great barbarian city, and many stories of their brave barbarian deeds.

I wasn't too sure if that counted as noble or not...but seemed pretty good. I would have to visit sometime to learn about their ways.

Eventually I came upon another human city, the city of Qeynos.... I guess I'd gone the wrong way....

So I went to the nearest travel agency and figured out how to get back home...I'd take the boat to the city of Erudin....then that would take me back to the butcherblock mountains!

Eventually I had done it, I made it home....and ventured to the great high elf city of Felwithe! To collect my noble weapon for noble amulet handing deeds!

I made it through the city to find the armorer the princess had told me to see....but when I got there and handed him the note....he glanced at it, and set it down to return to what he was doing.

I waited around for a while... but I guess he'd forgotten about me.

Eventually I got tired of waitin, and grabbed one of the daggers from his table and left....the princess said I could have one, so I gots one!

Finally with such a fine dagger of finery, everyone would see what a hero I was!! And I could save more people!

But first... I needed to practice with it....
Old 11-06-2019, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

ily pockete <3
Old 11-06-2019, 02:09 AM
Sarnak

A true hero and the chosen one to save us all.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Ivory today [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

A+
Thread rated 5/5
This is what I come here for. CONGRATULATIONS!!
Old 11-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Subscribed, to a great thread!
Looking forward to reading more adventures of Pockete the Noble Gnome!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Banned

good thread
Old 11-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

With my new fancy dagger, I returned to the dwarves mountains for practice.

For two entire seasons I stayed there!!! Until I was of the 7th rank....and felt stronger than ever.

But I couldn't stay there forever, I had noble business to do! Saving people and everythin.

So I left the great dwarves again and ventured to the wood elf city of Kelethin.

I figured the first thing I'd need....is a noble fortune to finance my noble quest.

I knew how things worked, nobles just gotta ask other nobles for gold. They all give each other moneys so they can all be rich.

So, being a noble carrying fine dagger finery, I walked up to the patrolling Kelethin Captain of the guard....and said ...

"Hello Sir guard, I am a noble gnome, requesting tribute for my noble mission." as I extended my hands

But he simply ignored me and kept walking....

It's ok, I figured he heard me and was probably headed to the city treasury to get me some gold.

So I followed him.

He went up and down ramps, into houses....all over really. I guess even Captains of the guard get lost in that crazy city!!!

Eventually he got tired of looking for the treasury and stopped at an Inn to get a drink.

"Hay! Whatsa bout my tribute?" I insisted

He silently sat down at the chair and put his shield next to him as he ordered.

AH HA! Now I knew what he was doing!!!! He was giving me the tribute!! From his own armory!!!!!!!

My fancy pants dagger musta really impressed him!!! A guards shield?! Worth way more than gold!! I was rich!!!!

But ...then I realized... why stop there? I would go ask for tribute from all the guards!!! And also ask the dwarves! And humans! AND EVERYONE!!!!!!! Sometimes they even gave me rings or other things too!!

I ran around everywhere as quick as I could, using my nobility to gather boxes full of different kinds of tribute! I was rich! REALLY REALLY rich!!

So, of course, first order of business was noble shoppin spree!!! I bought myself the finest of gnome armor, and even had a custom emerald green breastplate of nobility made to show off my nobility.

I even took up a hobby, smithing! Meeting some of the finest of high elvish smiths, known for their delicate craftsmanship.

For a while I practiced my noble smithing skills with the high elves.... and under their guidance, crafted myself the finest of noble weapons...a spear forged in the fires of Felwithe.

By the end of it, I still had a lot of moneys left....and everything I could want! I was ready to do noble things!!!

I'd heard when I was in the city of Erudin that they had given a great weapon to a noble paladin...who had left to fight a great battle.

I'd decided, that is where I'd go! It was a most noble quest, and being of the 7th season, the paladin would surely find my help useful!

It took a long while of searching, and asking about the paladin I'd heard of....but eventually I tracked her down to the Ocean of Tears....and a wood elf told me I could find her on an island nearby....

But it was an evil island...corrupted by the touch of the vampire king...Mayong Mistmoore! His minions left to roam and spread...I had to stop it!

He'd escaped me in his castle, now I was going to fight off his evil once again!

So I took a small boat from the island and rowed out to the island of evil....and there I found her, the brave paladin Sentry Xyrin!!

But she was tired, holding the battle on her hill against the evil that was endlessly springing forth!!!

"Pockete, please, seek a potion to revitalize my vigor ....and once you return, we will push back this evil together! And defeat the four spectres of darkness."

It was perhaps the greatest noble mission I'd ever been given!! To aid a great warrior? Battling the evil of the vampire king?! It was at least twice as noble as princess amulet handing!

I had to do it....I had to find that potion and ready myself for this great battle. But I also knew I had to be quick, before she was overwhelmed.
Last edited by Ivory; 11-07-2019 at 01:05 PM..
Old 11-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Pockete is the best. Did some point in this journey include that time you fell off the boat when we were on it from BB to FP? lol
Closed Thread