Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 05:11 AM
Banned

Default I thought that Blue was beta

But Blue was life.

The time gap between Velious(live) and P99 launch was gigantic. Then Blue came along. It was new, it had its flaws, but it was fucking Blue. It had the timespan for people to come and go as they pleased while experiencing the classic experience. I personally was able to walk away and come back without missing too many beats to give a fuck, nor did the community.

I dont know about you folks but back then I was a "late in lifer". Meaning I joined a few months before Kunark. I was a simple paladin on the [redacted] server experiencing my first online massively multiplayer game ever. Same shit happened again. I joined a few months as a bard on the [Blue] server and ever since then I made alts, weaved in and out of dozens of guilds to a point where I had a notebook dedicated to alts and their personalities and people I met and made "friends" with and notes for those friends on those alts to continue to not be Jauna(forums) everywhere I went.

Then the announcement of Green. Discord, guild chat, tells, mumble, even fucking ICQ started all having their own plans and groups and for some reason, after 8 or 9 years of Blue.. I didnt want anything to do with any of them. I looked at my first full notebook since highschool and thought what the fuck have I done with my life. Then teal. same apathy.

And then I logged in on Blue for the first time in weeks. I gotten groups quick, people stayed for hours, people actually talked. People worked together. People having fun.

But in the end, Green and Teal are the containment servers. From the bottom of my heart and 14 or 15 years of EverQuest experience I thank you for sequestering yourselves.
Not-so-epic battles for orcs in crushbone
5 different camps for unrest yard
no 12 person groups for one derv camp in nro alternating spawns and FFA for surrounding trash and then fighting over the trash
no left and right spire group for each spire in oasis
no groups trolling other groups in fucking Cazic Thule by keeping healer NPCs alive to have those NPCs heal other groups NPCs through walls in hopes they wipe
A world where each treant in south karana was not considered a separate camp
While I admit a 15 year world first epic conquest of battling for goblins in runnyeye: the first war of camps in runnyeye
week long lists for jboots
100+ hour long determination for a manastone posts
15 year long friendships torn asunder because of guise
Blue DKP used for SolB drops

into..

Blue serenity. Later when I sober up I am going to hop back on my [redacted] [redacted] ranger and continue to chain pull single pulls because of Harmony and be another king of the goblins on a 4 person ear rotation. And until then:

Stay Blue.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:27 AM
Aviak

+1
Old 12-15-2019, 05:36 AM
Sarnak

Sounds good but [redacted] going to [redacted] [redacted]? Personally, [redacted], with the additional [redacted]!
Old 12-15-2019, 06:03 AM
Sarnak

This one's gonna be a grats [redacted].

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 12-15-2019, 06:36 AM
Sarnak

[redacted] not up.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:48 AM
Kobold

wat
Old 12-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Large Rat

whatever old man
Old 12-15-2019, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Blue is alpha, green is beta, can't wait for 2029 brings!
Old 12-15-2019, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I joined a few months as a bard on the [Blue] server and ever since then I made alts, weaved in and out of dozens of guilds to a point where I had a notebook dedicated to alts and their personalities and people I met and made "friends" with and notes for those friends on those alts to continue to not be Jauna(forums) everywhere I went.
Mental illness is no joke.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mental illness is no joke.
And yet... here you are.
Closed Thread