Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 08:29 AM
Fire Giant

I have lots of 2handers but they def don't hold agro compared to epic/trident. Mostly just toys when not main tanking or fun in groups when you go zerker.

I tried using vymm 2handr for vindi once and it just ping ponged till I swapped back to agro weps. Maybe frostreaver is good but dark elf can't use it, got one on my pally though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Only mob I use a 2h on is the vs in KC. But I tanked him a lot with 1 handers too and had no issue long as evasive was running.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frostreaver is the clear bargain choice IMO. It's 2 hate per second less than the epic and has slightly inferior stats, but it also puts out +5 dps, probably goes for pretty low DKP, and doesn't have obnoxious key/level requirements. Troxx (Bedavir) was very happy with his.

My sperglord calculator values the consistency of 2H and the additional damage, and it considers Palladius, Gaudralek, Frostreaver, and the Jagged Blade to be all more or less equivalent and mildly superior to all of the various 1H combinations that don't include the SoD or 'real' Blade of Carnage.
Great idea. My war is 54, might put the fatty on the shelf until I can get a Dain Axe.

Been using a Vyemm whip + Frostbringer... that rune proc is amazing when there isn't a cleric around.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Whip_of_Rage
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Sci...f_Lifestealing

Is an amazing combo I use when grouping. 150 LT + 150 rune is hard to beat.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Whip_of_Rage
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Sci...f_Lifestealing

Is an amazing combo I use when grouping. 150 LT + 150 rune is hard to beat.
Yah add a willsapper to that then swap in scimitar after slowed is my dream twink setup lol on fungi ikky war with ring 10 ofc
Old 08-18-2020, 01:59 PM
Banned

Got a Frostreaver, am not disappointed.

Highly recommended for anyone able to get Dain. By far the best bang-for-your-buck dkp 2 hander.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

What about as more of an up and coming Warrior (on a budget) what are the best aggro weapons? Maybe it doesn’t matter until 50+ as I’ve heard I’ll struggle regardless.

My warrior is approaching 40 and I have Venomous axe mainhand and frostbringer offhand for my aggro set up (will switch once 40). Is this approach totally off base? I use staff of battle for DPS fwiw.

Are their tiers of aggro weaps to aim for? I will have access to kael/hate/fear/DN level raiding mobs but definitely not VP.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about as more of an up and coming Warrior (on a budget) what are the best aggro weapons? Maybe it doesn’t matter until 50+ as I’ve heard I’ll struggle regardless.

My warrior is approaching 40 and I have Venomous axe mainhand and frostbringer offhand for my aggro set up (will switch once 40). Is this approach totally off base? I use staff of battle for DPS fwiw.

Are their tiers of aggro weaps to aim for? I will have access to kael/hate/fear/DN level raiding mobs but definitely not VP.
The 400 per proc threshold is very difficult to overcome. For that reason it’s easy to gear for a budget. Sure the epic warriors will hold aggro better but don’t fret. Frostbringer MH is the best thing you can do at the moment. Dump the Ven Axe as it doesn’t even meet the hate max. I went with a Ykeshan War Club (procs like 35?) and then a Sarnak Warhammer. The Traciloc’s Skean is another throw-away reward for anyone doing a rogue epic.

Not sure about the snare whip or tash stick meeting the 400 hate cap but they are nice pieces to have in your “kit”.

Keep leveling. Don’t fall into the “I can’t tank without ____” bs. Just don’t use the objectively wrong weapons in the same price bracket. You will never snap aggro like a knight so don’t worry about that. Get your hps/ac up and go for the dps/disc tank roles. That’s where a pally or SK can’t match you.
Last edited by Snaggles; 08-18-2020 at 11:24 PM..
Old 08-19-2020, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Trochillic’s Skean doesn’t proc til 45 or 46 iirc. It’s pretty good for those mid 40s and early 50s levels before you start fighting too much stun immune stuff.

Scimitar of Ykesha might be worth a look in; spam /who all kithicor and if you see some high levels ask if they are doing rogue epic/dark elves and whether you can come ‘help out’ in exchange for the soy.
Old 08-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

For budget weps frostbringer and snare whip are just fine and decent dps /nod
Old 08-19-2020, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

I need some more information on the Tserrina's whip... Seems like a really cool whip to be honest.. Seems like maybe an upgrade to the silken whip of ensnaring? But that primary only might be a problem.. I do like the idea of the snare being poison and not magic based though.... I also like that it procs at 35, that's legit.. What's agro like for muscle lock? Good enough to keep this in primary?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Tserrina's_Whip
Last edited by strongNpretty; 08-19-2020 at 01:17 PM..
Closed Thread