Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 06:00 AM
Banned

exactly as of now it does not exist nor are you guys requesting information about it

so theres no point in threads about it
Old 03-03-2014, 06:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

at a minimum, myself, derubael, and alecta still read those threads and if we see good ideas we jot them down for when the time to discuss comes.

p99 pvp confirmed not forgotten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 03-03-2014, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

The main idea for team servers were to give people the chance to group and work together more in low pop. You guys have already given incentives with the PnP for red to grow.

Taking that into consideration, splitting PvP players with two servers would be a bad idea, imo. The reasons I argued for teams in the past are now moot.

The best thing you can do is to work on a group experience modifier. We saw some serious interest until the global modifier was canned. STILL think that was bad timing.

Meh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Banned

Sirken has farmed so much faction I'll just take his word for it.

Just use SZ teams without the retarded ruleset imo.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The best thing you can do is to work on a group experience modifier. We saw some serious interest until the global modifier was canned. STILL think that was bad timing.

Meh. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also agree with this.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main idea for team servers were to give people the chance to group and work together more in low pop. You guys have already given incentives with the PnP for red to grow.

Taking that into consideration, splitting PvP players with two servers would be a bad idea, imo. The reasons I argued for teams in the past are now moot.

Unfortunately the one thing the staff can't fix, no matter how many changes they make to code or policy, is reputation. And Red has a stinker of a reputation. The state of the server today is probably better than it's ever been, but it's completely overshadowed by the negative image that's been created over it's history. This is where the interest in Teams is important. Likely a lot of the same people on Red now are going to end up there in some capacity, and in the end it may not feel much different. But to those players who simply won't even give Red a second thought, that clean slate looks mighty appealing.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately the one thing the staff can't fix, no matter how many changes they make to code or policy, is reputation. And Red has a stinker of a reputation. The state of the server today is probably better than it's ever been, but it's completely overshadowed by the negative image that's been created over it's history. This is where the interest in Teams is important. Likely a lot of the same people on Red now are going to end up there in some capacity, and in the end it may not feel much different. But to those players who simply won't even give Red a second thought, that clean slate looks mighty appealing.
I agree. They said teams would be hyped, promoted, etc for a while before launch, that helps. Likewise, the Red server has had a tumultuous ride until maybe 6 months ago? I mean think about it, "NO MORE BETA! LAUNCH!", Lovely's wanding to victory, the Holocaust scandel, Starwars time, Nihilum in general etc. Throw it all in a blender. Yeah, bad rep to outsiders.

New box, more pop, more pvp, more fun.

Having said that, SIRKEN give us a tidbit to theorycraft over regarding how the 3 teams might be broken down
Last edited by Squire; 03-03-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at a minimum, myself, derubael, and alecta still read those threads and if we see good ideas we jot them down for when the time to discuss comes.

p99 pvp confirmed not forgotten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teams99 going to be so badass and yes 3x teams is what the people want, its what the people will get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Set in stone or not, I know how these wonderful people think. Leaning towards that other guy who was not Aenor prob being what they picked, but might take a suggestion or two from Aenor and throw their own twists on it.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thoroughly agree regarding reputation. A "teams" server isn't going to correct that. Not in the least.The only thing that's going to correct reputation is the enforcement of PnP, the disposal of toxicity, and word-of-mouth. Since we have until after Velious release something may be accomplished. Time will tell.

Given that, if teams were introduced the red server would need to close. Whether merger into the new server or forcing players into rerolling new toons - there will never be sufficient population or interest to support two simultaneous red servers. Period. IMO the better solution is to continue on with FFA. Velious offers a lot more room for competition...and availability of gear to the average player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I thoroughly agree regarding reputation. A "teams" server isn't going to correct that. Not in the least.The only thing that's going to correct reputation is the enforcement of PnP, the disposal of toxicity, and word-of-mouth. Since we have until after Velious release something may be accomplished. Time will tell.

Given that, if teams were introduced the red server would need to close. Whether merger into the new server or forcing players into rerolling new toons - there will never be sufficient population or interest to support two simultaneous red servers. Period. IMO the better solution is to continue on with FFA. Velious offers a lot more room for competition...and availability of gear to the average player.
I disagree, the teams server is what got me to try Red.
Last edited by Squire; 03-03-2014 at 11:02 AM..
Closed Thread