Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Skeleton

kunark's due in less than a month and i heard mention that it'll stick for about six or seven months before rotating to velious
Old 05-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Truth be told, the main reason this has any interest to me whatsoever is that it's start point wasn't that long ago. But the boxing scares me quite a bit. Plus, I DO love what p99 has done.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akillez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love to play on p2002, but just like the new progression server HATE the idea of playing for a few months of original, then a few more months of Kunark. They are fun but P99 has drained me of any desire to be stuck in either of them any longer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Well said, that last sentence would also go through my mind any time there's a 'new' server around.

One look at a server that's been around for many years, like Shards of Dalaya, and everyone can tell exactly what having boxing allowed has done for that server....made it's population much lower than it should be! The general throught process of a typical boxer is, "why group or communicate with anyone else if I can do it by myself?" Even when they nerfed the raid count, maximum allowed per raid, you'd still have a few boxers doing the whole thing unless there was something real special to fighting the boss mobs, like those on the higher raid tiers of SoD.

It's quite unfortunate, but there's really nothing special about taking down the raid mobs from the classic/kunark era (I personally wish it was otherwise!) - or raiding itself for that matter, there's a ton of players who can validate that for you on P99. I'd love to see these so-called "top raiding guilds" on P99, try to take down the Dragons on Uthgard, the classic DAOC server (that's currently down,) using the same tactics they use to raid here. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who feel the same way about all this on these very forums!
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 05-27-2015 at 01:26 PM..
Old 05-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Aviak

not sure what class/race to roll
Old 05-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

If there was a single box (and enforced) Project 2002, expect a lot of P99 players... a lot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there was a single box (and enforced) Project 2002, expect a lot of P99 players... a lot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. Three boxing encourages people to mow through content as solo as they can, without much fear. It takes away those "fearful" moments where you can't decide if you want to stay or zone.

The problem with the p99 servers, and again, who am I to say if this is the same for everyone, but in my eyes:

1) Not going past Velious

2) Although I just started, the server being in Kunark for five years created an extremely oversaturated economy.

3) Lack of being able to play as a frog/cat

Having said all of that, though, I'm glad there are certain things this server will never see... Tons of AA's are just a pain and not fun. I'm not a big fan of PoK... That's what druids and wizards are really for...

Ideally, the perfect server for me, would take what p99 has and add to it with the classic game in mind...

Come Luclin/PoP, you get the new races, new classes, most zones, and spells, but limit the AAs available, get rid of bazaar, too. I'm also not a big fan of current EZ Mode EQ on live.

But the fact that 2002 is newer and I can actually feel like I'm progressing and not just stuck WAY behind everyone is a huge draw.

I'd feel a lot better with a fresh progression server with p99's client.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lots of different box combos you can enjoy..

Bard - if you want to single box, great class to get started

Druid/Necro Necro/Sham - if you want to 2 box, great duo to kill anything

? / ? / ? - many different combos to explore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..the general throught process of a typical boxer is, "why group or communicate with anyone else if I can do it by myself?"..
Thats the general thought process of someone who is anti social. There are many eq-socialites on p2002, people are there to have fun and enjoy the game. Like all things, p2002 will have to stand against the test of time. It's a growing community, come say hi!
Last edited by BossThunderace; 05-27-2015 at 02:02 PM..
Old 05-27-2015, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just play what you enjoy. we're getting quite a few new people joining in the last few days, so there will be better chances of getting a lowbie group going. if nothing else, roll what you want and then box something that compliments it. im running sk/clr at the moment
Old 05-27-2015, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Just curious, do classic-era mobs above level 50, summon like they shouldn't, on this P2002 server?
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 05-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Banned

There have been a few questions that came up about the progression nature of this server, let me answer them: Expansions aren't released in a fixed time frame, Kunark will be out next month, we will work on getting Velious released this year as well, think late autumn/early winter) but let me just set the record straight here, we do not see ourselves as a progression server.

The server isn't ultimately about being true to the original timeline. There will be some stuff that will be disabled/held back if we see big balance concerns, but overall we strive to only develop content once, for the era our server will ultimately end on, Planes of Power.

So in short, mobs will/should behave the way they did in 2002.
Closed Thread