Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:34 PM
Skeleton

the server currently has 1.5 hate/fear, so i'm pretty sure the golems and mini nameds in hate can/will summon due to being post-classic content mobs
Old 05-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Aviak

fixed it. I'm in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by kingbuzzo; 05-27-2015 at 02:50 PM..
Old 05-27-2015, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

I was talking more along the lines of regular mobs in raid zones, like say the white spiders or the gorillas in Fear for instance.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Old 05-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

shiverbacks and spinechiller spiders do not summon on our server. Whether or not something summons can be set uniquely per NPC.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:50 PM
Orc

I'll download it and give it a work tonight does anyone have a link to a client at up and ready?
Old 05-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Skeleton

just a small warning, it's a rather severe 'culture shock' to go from p99's third person to an enforced first person view, so be ready for it. i -hated- it so much at first that it nearly made me leave the server, but i've gotten so used to it that i even use first person on p99 now lol
Old 05-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Aviak

well now when I try to enter the game it starts loading to character select then it just says "you have been disconnected"
Old 05-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just a small warning, it's a rather severe 'culture shock' to go from p99's third person to an enforced first person view, so be ready for it. i -hated- it so much at first that it nearly made me leave the server, but i've gotten so used to it that i even use first person on p99 now lol
You can hit F9 for more third person views you goose. F9 x3 for the manly mans third person!
Old 05-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
shiverbacks and spinechiller spiders do not summon on our server. Whether or not something summons can be set uniquely per NPC.
The reason I asked is cause on P99, those regular mobs didn't summon at first either, atleast not until they put Kunark in, about 2-3 years later down the line.

Then they put that summon flag on, on basically any mob that's 51+, regardless if its a raid boss or mini boss or regular. It's not the worst thing to deal with, but it's a bad type of custom change and definitely does not belong in classic/kunark by any means! This is a huge turn-off, especially if you have a unique way of gameplay to keep a game interesting and challenging at the same time, but that Summon ability on regular mobs, just takes all the fun right out of it.

Is there a forum thread that's dedicated to Q/A, other than the FAQs?

How long has this P2002 server been live/up so far?

Are certain items which only dropped once or a set amount of times on live and P99, will they be having that type of restriction on P2002 as well (e.g. Lustruous Armor, Cryosilk Robe, etc.)?

This is another huge turn-off, cause bugs or certain bad ideas shouldn't be reproduced on a classic/progressive server just because they were present on the real servers way back when, while at the same time making customizations to regular mobs like with the summon ability. It doesn't add to the fun, it just takes more of it away - it's too bad people in charge of the servers do not see it that way.
DAOC Class Descriptions by Crith (for all 3 realms, with some comparisons to EQ classes)
DAOC: Uthgard Revamp (old thread with some useful info)
"Sometimes a Majority means, that most fools are on the same side"
Last edited by Scrooge; 05-27-2015 at 03:21 PM..
Old 05-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Kobold

@ Scrooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by apio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So in short, mobs will/should behave the way they did in 2002.
Closed Thread