Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it appropriate for a 8 year old? He likes the other Jurassic Parks and is a big Dino buff.
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll probably see it over the next week or so.

My only concern going into it is having Starlord (Chris Pratt) as one of the main characters. He generally plays goofballs like Andy on 'Parks and Rec' and played a goofball in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' both of which are loaded with comedic value. Does he do well in a more serious role?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossThunderace [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
saw it last night in 3D, you must see in 3D, very entertaining!
Saw it in 3d didn't notice anything spectacular
Old 06-13-2015, 04:18 AM
Banned

LOOOOVVED it! I hope I dream about dinosaurs tonight. And Chris Pratt.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

i saw it in imax 3d. i, too, went in with low hopes. After seeing the preview, I thought it would be a huge let down. I can honestly say I loved every second of it. I don't care what critics say. I loved Jurassic Park since the day I saw it in the theater to this day.

If you have ever watched any of the movies and enjoyed them, this should be a no brainer.

I loved all the references to the original movies. Truly made my day. I'll be going again to see it in non-imax. shit was crazy big
Old 06-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

I saw the first one, liked it, think ive only caught bits and pieces of the others (arent there like 5 of them now?), the parts I saw of the others seemed "off" and didnt excite me like the first one did. Will I be lost without seeing them?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Aviak

first off guys it's a jurassic park movie... dinosaurs escape.. people die.. etc. etc. same old bullshit
Old 06-14-2015, 11:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first off guys it's a jurassic park movie... dinosaurs escape.. people die.. etc. etc. same old bullshit
Oh it was pretty much tit for tat Jurassic Park 1 that's for sure but with updated... oh I dunno everything. It was exactly what I wanted and it did not disappoint.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 06-14-2015, 11:38 PM
Banned

Its cool, I thought it was ironic that the movie is about everything the movie is.

Meaning, they are like, 'you made a giant adamantium dino because you focus tested and thats what the people want, bigger dinos?'

And the movie is about a bigger dino.

but w/e it was alright.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

There were some super cheesy parts, but, it felt true to the spirit of the original and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:10 AM
Banned

The heavily autistic younger brother was a bit annoying. That was my biggest gripe.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Skeleton

1/2 as good as the original and 10x better than the sequels. The last fight scene made up the price of admission. I thought it was great 'ride'; however, the story and character did lack in almost every category. I just wish there were some catchy 1-liners I could be using at work today. Oh well, my 4-year-old son loved it.
Closed Thread