Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2022, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

I learnt this word for a Quebec monster lady on WoW. She was alright.
Pretty cool link, but is it a mental condition or just something normal, a huge part of the human perception of the world is other people's faces, its really important.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 09-30-2022, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

I learnt this word for a Quebec monster lady on WoW. She was alright.
alt left propaganda.

we dont see iron crosses in everything (well the alt left does)
Old 09-30-2022, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty cool link, but is it a mental condition or just something normal, a huge part of the human perception of the world is other people's faces, its really important.
Normal I think. Our brains are trained to recognize patterns. I can't look at a wood fence without seeing an ent face or something sillier.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2022, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mona Lisa with a snoot to boop? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, demons.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

thats how google AI thingy tries to visaully interperate images and I think that's how our brains do it, and why patterns stick out to us so much.

I got hit real hard in the head once and was conscious just enough to think, "wow Im a walking computer...."
Old 09-30-2022, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats how google AI thingy tries to visaully interperate images and I think that's how our brains do it, and why patterns stick out to us so much.

I got hit real hard in the head once and was conscious just enough to think, "wow Im a walking computer...."
is it really interpreting though?

Look around the room you are in and count how many tools (meaning anything we use to do something) I counted 38 not counting my how-to books.

We really view the entire world as actions rather than things. Will we ever design an AI that can interpret the world as an action, and what moral code will guide that action?

Old 09-30-2022, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

My understanding is this one is using a camera to interoperate the image and being told that it's a dog. So it's looking at the image, trying to find a dog, and this is like a screenshot of what it's doing like a bunch of times a second.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
My understanding is this one is using a camera to interoperate the image and being told that it's a dog. So it's looking at the image, trying to find a dog, and this is like a screenshot of what it's doing like a bunch of times a second.
Thats pretty cool

I read an article couple weeks ago where an AI created painting won an art festival and there was a (understandably so) large outrage about it.

Old 09-30-2022, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats pretty cool

I read an article couple weeks ago where an AI created painting won an art festival and there was a (understandably so) large outrage about it.
yeah that is the new thing, I think it's an extension of this same technological progress, like a reverse version of what we're looking at above, telling the computer to now try to draw a dog, based off of all the way's its seen dogs.

The thing I think is funny about AI is like, instead of using it to solve problems with our economy, or like to help poor people navigate beuocracy and the legal system, and medicine.

We used it to replace poets first.