Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-11-2022, 04:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putin pretty much does what he wants regardless of other countries leadership.
Yeah, I think so too. He knows that if other countries believe that Russian nukes are on the table, no major powers will confront him directly, so he can do whatever he wants. A sane leader wouldn't consider nukes, but if he acts a bit unhinged, then it plants the seed that it's possible in everyone's minds enabling him to act.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some one mentioned Putin was scared of Merkel, which delayed the invasion until she retired... it didn’t seem to stop all the other Russian invasions. I’m not saying Trump would have prevented this one, rather Putin pretty much does what he wants regardless of other countries leadership.
I mentioned merkel because I think a unified European response was as likely to have prevented Putin from invading as was the conjecture that trump being in office stymied him up until this point. I was more pointing out that it’s equally if not more likely that the timing coincides with her leaving office as opposed to Biden stepping into the white house

I completely agree that probably not much short of promising to nuke Russia would’ve stopped Putin, I’m simply pointing out that “Trump would’ve stopped this” doesn’t explain why this happens in ‘22 instead of ‘21 (whereas merkel does), and that ultimately I don’t think anyone thought Putin was this crazy or cared so little about Russia’s status internationally. It’s one thing to take Crimea, a majority ethnic Russia part of Ukraine that already had Russian naval bases. It’s another to blitzkrieg a country of 44 million and send 15 million people into refugee status

Ultimately, who knows. The guy clearly wants to be seen as the next Stalin
Old 04-11-2022, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Putin invaded Ukraine when he was ready.

That's a fact.

Reaching into his mind to deduce how he arrived at his decision is pure narcissism and ignorance.

It's chest-thumping. Oh my candidate would have prevented that or this, because I only support the best candidates and here are my reasons for it based on an intensive course in geopolitics I took last night courtesy of Wikipedia.

Putin wasn't ready, so he didn't invade. But when he was ready, he did.
Old 04-11-2022, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putin invaded Ukraine when he was ready.

That's a fact.

Reaching into his mind to deduce how he arrived at his decision is pure narcissism and ignorance.

It's chest-thumping. Oh my candidate would have prevented that or this, because I only support the best candidates and here are my reasons for it based on an intensive course in geopolitics I took last night courtesy of Wikipedia.

Putin wasn't ready, so he didn't invade. But when he was ready, he did.
Are you sure? I think he did it because he's a hypocrite. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2022, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

^ well, I mean, like, yeah, he invaded when he thought he was ready, right?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-11-2022, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Some one mentioned Putin was scared of Merkel, which delayed the invasion until she retired... it didn’t seem to stop all the other Russian invasions. I’m not saying Trump would have prevented this one, rather Putin pretty much does what he wants regardless of other countries leadership.
putin legit trolled merkel at a meeting one time with his black lab

dont think he was afraid of her
Old 04-11-2022, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, please. Trump is giving Putin verbal blowjobs at every possible opportunity. He would not have stopped him. He'd likely have been Putin's biggest cheerleader, bending over backwards to justify it while calling Putin a genius for the 15th time.
If the only thing that you have to say against Trump is that, “you heard on CNN that Trump compliments Putin”

Then please put on some pants and takeoff your diaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump tries to get EU to stop buying russian oil and putin was getting something from trump?

Old 04-11-2022, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re definitely right that Biden fucked up by not taking this more seriously sooner, especially if they already had the intelligence, which it seems like they did

I think it’s worth pointing out that this is such a catastrophic blunder on Putin’s part that no one probably thought it possible. Notice how the Germans are trying to stop buying Russian hydrocarbons and investing in their own military after decades of contrary policy? Smart people like the Germans never saw this coming. But yes, that is a totally legitimate criticism of Biden. However, I don’t think anything stops Putin. He’s a crazy person. He has not made Russia stronger. Finland and Sweden will join NATO, Moldova will join the EU….

He’s made more salient why we used to cherish democracy. This was a wake up call in terms of why we put up with some of the bull shit inefficiencies and frustrations of democracy. The alternative is clearly worse and somehow always results in a person holding power who is manifestly unfit to wield it
You say nobody saw this coming.

I posted a video right there I just quoted it.

Literally 4 years ago. Trump predicted this war Trump predicted the reason why this war is going to happen Trump said that they need to stop sending money to the biggest threat in Europe. I mean it’s all right there.

A literal video proof of the president proving everything that you say is wrong and everything that you say would’ve stopped the war if we did that and it’s Trump literally saying that to Germany.

And you’re so anti-Trump you can’t admit to anybody had any idea that this could ever happen even though there’s a video right there of Trump saying that this is gonna happen.

This TDS is crazy. if only we had a vaccination for that.
Old 04-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

I love how all the people that hate Donald Trump I see are replying oh that’s a great post good post excellent post!

It’s not an excellent post because it totally omits the fact that Donald Trump said this was gonna happen and tried to get Europe to stop sending money to oil but they told him to go fuck himself and you all told him that Trump was crazy and loves Putin!!’

I’m in a freaking madhouse!!! It’s a mad hpuuuuse!!!
Old 04-11-2022, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

July 2018

Making points that make sense to achieve 1 specific goal (destabilizing and weakening NATO) does not mean he is hard on russia, just used them for boogyman tactics. Talking out of both sides of your mouth isn't uncommon.

But I agree that if you only listen to what one side tells you about the other guy you're gunna have an inaccurate version of it. But the above clip doesn't change the basic facts about trump presidency.

1. Destroying the state department, that does its best to keep every country in the world on the side of the USA and our allies (not russia and china)
2. Trying to put bad shadow on NATO (an organization that has successfully stopped russia from fucking around for years)

Seems like a bad president to me.
Lost but not forgotten.