Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-19-2022, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean that's also not that fair of a system to begin with...I think this should be kind of obvious. Only a select few are selected to perform the duties you're holding to a higher regard. There's no way the rest of the guild could participate in that if they wanted to, due to the restriction of how many people can actually be involved in those jobs.

You could show up every raid, on time, maybe early, bring all your required items, never miss a beat in what you're supposed to do, always be there contributing, and not receive this preferential treatment, not because you aren't a good player, but because you didn't pick a class that does that or someone else is already doing it?
Agreed. It's closer to a loot council at that point, which also turns out poorly.

That's why I am confident any guild who tries to implement such a system is just going to lose it's warm bodies, which are still necessary. Now more than ever due to the clickie nerfs, push interrupt nerf, and rooted dragons.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. It's closer to a loot council at that point, which also turns out poorly.

That's why I am confident any guild who tries to implement such a system is just going to lose it's warm bodies, which are still necessary. Now more than ever due to the clickie nerfs, push interrupt nerf, and rooted dragons.
Agreed.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also agree with DSM!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2022, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean that's also not that fair of a system to begin with...I think this should be kind of obvious. Only a select few are selected to perform the duties you're holding to a higher regard. There's no way the rest of the guild could participate in that if they wanted to, due to the restriction of how many people can actually be involved in those jobs.

You could show up every raid, on time, maybe early, bring all your required items, never miss a beat in what you're supposed to do, always be there contributing, and not receive this preferential treatment, not because you aren't a good player, but because you didn't pick a class that does that or someone else is already doing it?
This is entirely untrue and its very clear you have zero experience in a high end raid guild.

The opportunities to get DKP are aplenty. If you can't figure it out, then you don't deserve BIS loot.

You're taking points from DSM who has never been a raid playmaker, ever.
Old 09-20-2022, 01:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is entirely untrue and its very clear you have zero experience in a high end raid guild.

The opportunities to get DKP are aplenty. If you can't figure it out, then you don't deserve BIS loot.

You're taking points from DSM who has never been a raid playmaker, ever.
In his defense. Raiding on p99 as a shaman is kinda stupid. You can't really do anything but be a buff/malo/slow bot and a mediocre spot healer. What kinda plays are you gonna make? Not like u can root rot adds in raids. "Ooh shamanguy cast slow on that mob so good". I haven't really raided since some of these changes to clickies and other shit but I assume it hasn't changed the fact that basically the only semi skilled position in a raid group is the pullers. Maybe tanks now that they can't just throw infinite mallets at everything? You could train monkeys to run a CH rotation or mash an /assist and cast nuke or backstab button. EQ raid mechanics in classic basically topped out at "run out of the AE sometimes" and audio triggers/GINA trivializes that.

Unless we're talking about tracking/FTE racing and other dumb things exclusive to P99 raiding. I guess that's a different story. I guess I assumed you were talking about raid performance and not all the utter nonsense that comes before you actually kill stuff.
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 09-20-2022 at 01:51 AM..
Old 09-20-2022, 01:52 AM
Fire Giant

All of my characters are guildless at the moment. And from the looks of it, it seems it's going to stay that way.

All of this can be remedied with instances, though it's not "classic".
Old 09-20-2022, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Any class can be a playmaker, it's all in the prep.

DA earrings help, so casters have a benefit.

Sneak and FD help, so monks sometimes have a benefit, rarely.

Selo's for some reason we still allow, so obviously it rules out everything else when it matters.

The player make the difference, put Mjrn or Luddo on a naked 60 human warrior with a DA idol and some sow pots and wands, he'll outplay everyone in this thread.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I've had no problems at all on green joining raids as a casual player.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:16 AM
Fire Giant

It should also be noted, you can generally earn DKP on your own schedule through non-raid activities like leveling bots (shared guild chars), farming idols, etc. This way you can have decent buying power for the raids you do attend.
Old 09-20-2022, 04:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
That is an interesting idea. However, with the clickie nerfs, pushing mob nerf, and rooted dragons, you need warm bodies now more than ever. Any guild who doesn't reward the warm bodies is going to end up not having the numbers for kills that need the zerg.

I would predict that if one of the two big guilds did this, that big guild would just bleed players to the other big guild. All big guilds would need to agree to use such a system simultaneously. I don't think that will happen.
He's right you know... just look at what happened to <Safe Space>, bumped down to draco and 2 golems only on a quake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess the flip side is people can't DKP dump and run if they got no loot to bid on #bigbrain guess they're lucky kingdom needs warm bodies too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]