Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2022, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice meme. But you haven't told us what you mean by 'printed'.
Meme? it was a chart. I'm pointing to inflation being driven by the exponential increase in the M1 money supply.

Also not a meme, just a graph-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M1 money supply.jpg (20.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2022, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bitcoin is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, for the 6th time. May as well sell while low. This gives us more reason to not buy when it's over $100,000 and we call it bubble again. Bitcoin can only be binary: bubble or dead... lolz...
Bitcoin is just the next step in the rainbow hair agenda.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainik Stormseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meme? it was a chart. I'm pointing to inflation being driven by the exponential increase in the M1 money supply.

I will not grant inflation as your motte; for the third time, what is printed?
Old 07-07-2022, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Daily Reminder Biden is a dogshit President and his supporters are an embarrassment to The Human Race

Hope that helps
Old 07-07-2022, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainik Stormseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First, Reminder Elizondo parrots far right misinformation.

A. Trump never got in the ‘way’ his mismanagement of Covid ‘helped’ lead to a worse recession. Demand went down and even refining gas went down (some refineries are still closed). Now Covid has lessened in the US while there is still a lot of lock down in China. Demand in the US for goods is back up. The rest of the world still hasn’t caught up. Russia’s war is not helping to meet the world’s energy needs to get to pre-Covid rate of demand.

B. Money Supply (M1) and the U.S. Economy
For periods of time, measurement of the money supply indicated a close relationship between money supply and some economic variables such as the gross domestic product (GDP), inflation, and price levels. Economists such as -Milton Friedman- argued in support of the theory that the money supply is intertwined with all of these variables.

However, in the past several decades, the relationship between some measurements of the money supply and other primary economic variables has been uncertain at best. Thus, the significance of the money supply acting as a guide for the conduct of monetary policy in the United States has substantially lessened. The graph doesn’t Correlate so essentially it is a meme. Its misinformation is serving only to gratify conservative view points.

C. Check out Inflation Rate YOY in 1978, 1979, 1980 and 1981 it was absolutely terrible. ——Something not actually measured on the graph with the variables used.

1978 - 9.0%
1979 - 13.3%
1980 - 12.5% - Recession
1981 - 8.9% to July
Last edited by Botten; 07-07-2022 at 09:32 PM..
Old 07-07-2022, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will not grant inflation as your motte; for the third time, what is printed?
Printed is colloquial. They create money out of thin air to buy assets. This puts money in the economy that wasn't there.

Simple enough for you?
Old 07-07-2022, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

If I say here’s $1 million and we’re going to add that to the debt in a year.

And you ask me where that money came from and I say I told you we’re gonna add it to the debt in a year.

That means you printed the money.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Printed is colloquial. They create money out of thin air to buy assets. This puts money in the economy that wasn't there.

Simple enough for you?
That’s not what M1 really is. I think you would fair better taking a Macroeconomics course or two…

Kinda apparent after you insist others gamble with you on whether Bitcoin would rise higher than 40,000; while we may soon be seeing two additional interest rate hikes soon.

Crypto doesn’t do well with interest rate hikes.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

People that insult people lost the argument lol
Old 07-07-2022, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People that insult people lost the argument lol
Shush go gum your puréed broccoli. Jeopardy might be on.