Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-10-2022, 08:39 AM
Banned

Default How realistic is it camp rotting NODROP items in Skyshrine?

How viable is it to camp rotting NO DROP gear in Skyshrine? You know, like low level shamans do with that armor set that drops in Karnor's Castle.

I'm going to guess not very viable? I'm thinking a lot of these items are rare and people in Skyshrine are there specifically for them.

I'm after the Falgiron Staff, which is essentially BiS Primary slot for casuals such as myself.

Any luck at finding one of these rotting?
Old 10-10-2022, 10:44 AM
Kobold

I have camped there pretty frequently. Folks camping the area will commonly call out rotting no drop items in /OOC. I would say 80-90% of people call out these items and let whoever is there loot the items (if they don't need for themselves or an alt). If not just send a tell asking the person camping if they would be willing to let you loot.

Very often someone is camping the area. As long as you can get to Dubious or higher faction you just need patience. Usually have a GINA trigger or something while you are doing something in the background helps.

The drop rate is about 2% for anything to drop from a loot table of about 40 items.

Hopefully that helps out!
Old 10-10-2022, 10:49 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2022, 11:12 AM
Kobold

TLDR: People are usually nice but drop rates are low.

Yeah there is a chance!
Old 10-11-2022, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

I would say its likely that the people camping for these items would be after a specific one, and most would be happy to let someone take any rots.

They are rare however so you may be there for a while.
Old 10-11-2022, 09:31 AM
Banned

Maybe I'll hang out in there.

I have a feeling I'll have some competition though.

There are a lot of decent items in there, but I imagine both Falgiron Staff and Seer Lore Book are some of the most popular drops, as they're some of the best pre-raid caster "weapons" outside of Epics.
Old 10-11-2022, 11:05 AM
Aviak

Might be quicker to save plat for epic. Or just join a guild that I would say is able but do they actively help members succeed at epic quests outside of monk/Druid/rogue?

Klazdaxthun
Old 10-11-2022, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxcthius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might be quicker to save plat for epic. Or just join a guild that I would say is able but do they actively help members succeed at epic quests outside of monk/Druid/rogue?

Klazdaxthun
Yeah, currently trying to. I can only consistently farm at about 600p/hour right now.

As a Necro, I'll probably have to buy the Slime Blood. I won the roll on it last week when we did Fear, but my newb ass didn't quite know that "Last Piece" rules were in place, so I had to give it up.

That will probably be my last time seeing the Slime Blood drop, let alone winning the roll.

The Eye of Innoruk is 50k, I think. That's achievable price-wise, and I might even be able to win it on a roll, as I have seen it drop a couple times, but my guild rarely does Hate. (or Fear)

I'm on the last piece as far as my Cloak goes in Sky. Just have to loot a Black Silk Cape...which is also incredibly rare. I think I can buy loot rights for 10-25k?

Killing Kazen isn't even a thang. Just need a couple of groups.

I'm also brand new in my guild and I'm not exactly the friendliest chap, so it's doubtful if anyone would be willing to help me.
Old 10-11-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

back on live that place was always crowded, I felt the exp sucked, but there was always pugs there at various spots.

But on p99 its empty, is it empty on green still?

As much as i hated that zone, i didnt want it to be empty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I lulled