Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-28-2018, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Default Loads of Login Issues

Hey all.

I've been playing P99 on the same computer for a few years now, and it has always ran smoothly for me. Was able to log on this morning and play a bit, but then this afternoon and evening I've been having lots of weird issues:

1) I get the Spell Files Out of Date with the human male model error.

2) Sometimes I can't even log onto Blue (it kicks me back to the login screen).

3) Sometimes the login screen tells me I have the wrong password (with a DB error), but closing the program fixes it (I'm pretty confident I am putting in the correct password, but I can't ever know for sure, so this might not be worth mentioning).

4) I'm able to get to Character Select and my characters are there, but when I try to enter the world, the program just freezes.

5) I get all the way into the game, go to do something, and it acts as though I'm LD (I cast a spell and it never finishes; can't perform any other actions etc.), but my Net Stat bar doesn't say I'm LD and the game never actually kicks me (I have to manually /q)

I originally tried just re-installing the V45 files, but then I did a complete fresh re-install of Titanium, and it's all still happening.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing these sudden weird issues?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2018, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

These are all connection-related issues. Reset your router, change your wifi password, try connecting directly via ethernet cable.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I'll definitely give all that a try.

Just curious, why would this only be affecting EQ? My internet seems to be working just fine for everything else (streaming, other games, general browsing, etc.).
Old 07-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Could be that P99's notoriously finicky servers aren't able to tolerate some amount of packet loss from your end, whereas everything else you're doing/connecting to can. Could also be caused by something uncontrollable by you such as data center outages - if it isn't correctable on your end then it might be worth giving your ISP a call to see if that's the case, or if they can run some diagnostics on your connection.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Hmm... Interesting. I'll have to possibly call my ISP then. I've tried everything you mentioned, and still having the issues.

I'm also having the same problem with the project 1999 website. In a command prompt I can ping any website I can think of and have 0% packet loss w roughly 15-20ms ping, but I get 60% packet loss when I ping the www.project1999.com website. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if I can ping p99's servers this way, but it seems like I'm specifically just having a problem with reaching the p99 servers.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Hearing lots of reports of people having similar issues with the P99 servers starting last night - probably just some data center outages affecting certain regions of people connecting to P99.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Yep lots of people are getting freezing/crashing trying to load in from char select and unable to log in from server select recently
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

I've had a lot more crashes on login lately as well. Especially from character select but often when gating as well.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Default Ditto

Heyas, I have been experiencing nearly the same exact issues as the OP since yesterday morning. I have tried many different things that have been suggested in prior forum threads to no avail. I am currently at my wits end.

I have reinstalled titanium, moved the folder out of program files, tagged eqgame.exe as run in compatibility mode for windows XP.. running out of options here.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Well I'm sad to hear other people are having the same problem, but hopefully that means it might be a temporary outage like paulgiamatti said and it's something that'll get solved for us.