Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a classic EQ PvP thing, if you displayed your level, say 45 you're not only advertising your pvp range (41-49) but probably got anyone who's 48-49 looking for you and they know what zone you're in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I get the reasoning...but it's goofy.

My thinking: I'm currently on blue, mainly because I enjoy solo work and exploration without needing to worry about someone ambushing me for the lulz in the process, but it can be hard to find groups due to camp competition and the like. The reasoning for moving to red, then, for a theoretically better grouping environment (xp bonus, lower population meaning there's more open space for groups to get some grind on, etc.) is considerably dampened by never being able to tell where anyone is or how many in your range are on. And no, global ooc doesn't seem to impact that much. So I'd likely end up spending a lot of time soloing anyway...which I can already do on blue where I already have an established character, so why would I switch?

Goofy.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

/ooc 50s enchanter LFG

Soandso tells you, "hey man you wanna come to (Zone X)?"

Is that hard?
Old 08-15-2015, 07:51 PM
Fire Giant

for someone's that's "retired" on blue, you sure are active on blue forums and not red ones
Old 08-15-2015, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for someone's that's "retired" on blue, you sure are active on blue forums and not red ones
Why do you keep clicking on a thread you hate, and even typing posts in it? You're quite mixed up Gimp, step back and have a think.

PS - These are the general community forums. If want your own exclusively blue forum, perhaps make a third party site.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the scene on blue will calm down in a few months, maybe you'll be back! I haven't had any inclination to log on either server since velious launch.
Woooooord
Old 08-15-2015, 11:04 PM
Fire Giant

If you spent half as much time in game as you do on the forums, maybe you would finally hit 60 and be able to join the only guild on red
Old 08-16-2015, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

https://youtu.be/b6eaztnu5c4

Had a great time grouping last night, made half of 51 in a single session doing some Chardok group XP... group formed from an ooc message and we went from there.

Having a great time on the red server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned

spun in circles for 20 hours yesterday while AFK on the blue server. sold several pairs of pants while totally winning at life and enjoying the beautiful weather outside!

had a better time than swish

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2015, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe I'll make a character called "Readguides" and totally play it down to just wanting people to read Norrathian lore/tradeskill books.

That'd be funny wouldn't it? Run along lol.
Closed Thread