Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Made a bigass tldr post about the server state, I backspaced on accident it erased. Oh well.

long story short, needs a wipe. we had so many fuck ups/exploits. that it only seems fair that we should reroll with a classic timeline since we're at velious. but I think it's appropriate after we do this velious era and empire sorts the bugs for us. only then it should reroll.
Last edited by georgie; 08-16-2015 at 05:47 AM..
Old 08-16-2015, 06:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red and blue are absolute dogshit ruined by the enormous amount of time spent in kunark

server code and staff are great though and I will be first in line to play either if/when they wipe or start a new one
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made a bigass tldr post about the server state, I backspaced on accident it erased. Oh well.

long story short, needs a wipe. we had so many fuck ups/exploits. that it only seems fair that we should reroll with a classic timeline since we're at velious. but I think it's appropriate after we do this velious era and empire sorts the bugs for us. only then it should reroll.

Aright... my thread/post has turned into a whole other beast that I had not anticipated. I shouldn't be surprised given the plague that is spewed around here though.

First off, my original post was aimed towards mine, and others' questionnaire regarding if this server is applicable enough for us to re-roll on, start fresh from, and whether or not one of these two thoughts were viable enough to do.

The answer is YES. I'm just 15 levels shy of being Max level in one week, and even though end-game and the real ever"QUEST" doesn't begin until the late game; we, us new-comers/re-rollers are certainly welcomed here, and these supposedly defined "Red" players "want" us here and "welcome" us (defined by the "consider red" banter we see on the forums).

I understand that people seem to think items were duped, platinum was duped, etc etc; but this happens on virtually every game to date. This happened in the Era of Kunark/Velious/Classic when it was Live. This also happens in every single other game you have touched whether or not you were aware of such notions. It happens, people abuse it; such people should be punished. Are they here? I'm sure not all, but that was NOT my original question nor concern. So please, do me a favor and the others who you may want to come to Red and populate the server even more and... shut your fucking mouths.

These are pixels ladies and gentlemen. Nothing more; nothing less.

I understand the PvP element is not for all, but if you'd like to be entrenched in a more closely knit group of people, where you don't have to sit in line for days or weeks on end for a mob to spawn, where leveling up a character is yet another job/task you must endure like you did as I did when these Eras were out for realsies; give Red a try.

People here aren't as bad as you think. Do not lunge into the RnF threads, disregard OOC but for the necessary LFGs, ports, trades, and you will be fine.

I'm generally a really decent person to talk to, helpful in any way; but if you "Red" players REALLY want people to come here... knock it the fuck off and grow up. If that is not what you want... you're doing a fine job at keeping players away from you all.

(Pro-tip: View posts of other members on the Red section of the forum to see their salty/hatred towards any subject, EQ related or not; they are a plague. Do not take them seriously.)

Brunzil / Zulzephur of Tarew Marr - Drinal
Brunzil of Rallos Zek - Zek
Old 08-16-2015, 06:48 AM
Sarnak

Underlying problem with Everquest PVP is it is entirely gear based. You will never be able to compete with the "lifers" who put in 8 hours+ a day. If you want to have fun and not join the guild(there is only ever 1 real choice here on red), roll a wizard and stick around level 50.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyphil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Underlying problem with Everquest PVP is it is entirely gear based. You will never be able to compete with the "lifers" who put in 8 hours+ a day. If you want to have fun and not join the guild(there is only ever 1 real choice here on red), roll a wizard and stick around level 50.

True or not; again, has not a single thing to do with what I originally asked, and more or less has to do with the GAME itself (or lack of leadership on individuals to form a guild or alliance); not the server itself.

Next.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

You got it all figured out huh, rolled a healer, EVERYBODY is so friendly here. Lmao don't know shit about red.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:21 AM
Sarnak

And for the record your topic title was "Is Red the way to go?" I answered your question without reading that text wall of fragmented sentences.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyphil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got it all figured out huh, rolled a healer, EVERYBODY is so friendly here. Lmao don't know shit about red.
By the looks of your posts; you act like an infant.
I was playing this game when you were still shitting in your diapers.

As I've stated; I'm not a stranger to PvP servers. I completely understand the politics involved, and selfishness of others.

I started off on Rallos, then juggled PvE(TM/Drinal, Cats in Hats), PvE(Quellious, Vis Maior; later moved to WoW and became one of the top guilds US) and PvP(RZ)(Xex-Xerxes), and messed around on Sullon later. I've become reacquainted with a few individuals from my time already even here.

I already had it all figured out, bud.

Quote:
And for the record your topic title was "Is Red the way to go?" I answered your question without reading that text wall of fragmented sentences.

It was an underlying question, obviously. If you took the time to read it; you'd know.

It's apparent you did not. Piss off.

Next.

(P.S. I really hate being an jerk here in regards to people posting, but these people hold no validity in any of their posts or arguments. I understand I am new here also and also am subject to said scrutiny, but I also want server health to flourish despite what others here post. Sorry, and thanks.)

Last edited by Zulzephur - Tarew Marr; 08-16-2015 at 07:46 AM..
Old 08-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Banned

i AFKd for 20 hours yesterday on the blue server and had a great time and nobody killed me once!

wts pants
Old 08-16-2015, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR by level 45 player who still knows nothing of red99

I am almost certain you are correct sir. Regardless, this is still a video game. Some of you around here take it way too seriously, and have way too much time on your hands.

Closed Thread