Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Put all your stats in dex so you dont have to lsiten to the buff classes at the raid lecture you about how they think your class doesn't need it.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranged throw/archery dmg is leet AF.

My gnome mage is hitting like a mac truck with 110 dex.

Honestly you probably should bump dex up to max on wizard and warrior too. Warriors get good bow. And wizards can chuck daggers between casts/med ticks.
Can you keep troll posts in the rants and flame subforum?
Old 01-26-2022, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please link the proof.
Been proven before. Go find it. Or if you don’t want to believe me waste all your points on dex for no reason and enjoy yourself haha
Old 01-26-2022, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been proven before. Go find it. Or if you don’t want to believe me waste all your points on dex for no reason and enjoy yourself haha
Even if the benefit is minimal, it is still helpful. For example, when soloing, if you are looking to increase your DPS and/or proc chances, a small bonus is better than nothing. This is especially true when you do not need to increase other stats further, such as max HP, AC, Resistances, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDvk3udrhI In the video I do not need more HP, AC, or Resistances for this camp. The only way I can increase my efficiency is more DEX, STR, ATK, Haste, HP/Mana Regen, Clickies, or Proc Weapons.

But again I agree about starting stats. DEX really isn't worth putting any points in to for a new character, unless MAYBE you are trying to build a solo only warrior for the challenge. You may still regret it later if you decide to switch your warrior over to grouping/raiding.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2022 at 04:26 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Putting those points in STR will be way more impactful from an overall Dps perspective than putting them in dex
Old 01-26-2022, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Putting those points in STR will be way more impactful from an overall Dps perspective than putting them in dex
Not if you have max STR[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2022, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

You can only get to 150 in starting stats. If we are talking about soloing unbuffed, then even with good gear +105 str is quite a lot to achieve to hit cap.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-26-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can only get to 150 in starting stats. If we are talking about soloing unbuffed, then even with good gear +105 str is quite a lot to achieve to hit cap.
I have 231 STR on my SK currently. I would be capped right now if I was an Ogre. Plus I can get +10 STR from Siphon Strength.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Already have! Made a gimmick warrior with dex focus from low level, got to the 40s... felt like he procs a lot (never ran the numbers) so was interested by your claim as it contradicted my experience. Perhaps any benefit I perceived was imagined.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-28-2022, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

Dex used to be OVERPOWERED on blue. I have 234 dex gnome warrior on blue he used to proc 12x in one fight in less than a minute.

Now he procs a lot less. They nerfed dex twice it seems. Now with 234-244 dex on blue and green I still get a lot of procs but not like I used to. I max out dex on my warrior and paladin. 240 dex with ghoulbane (before potions/buffs)=dead Unrest.
Closed Thread