Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can get the hardware to run a p99 for under $1k. My eqarchives indexer box could probably do it if I set up raid storage. I'm guessing that's going to be the biggest expense/maintenance issue. Right now I just do a weekly Google drive backup of the VM image.
You should read the rest of the post. I wasn't claiming it is guaranteed to be a ton of money to run the server, that heavily depends on a bunch of factors. The effort comes with maintaining the server, stability, developing new code, watching for cheaters/RMTers, managing a dev team and GMs, etc. Time is more important than money, and that is a cost.

Running a stable game server as a service while actively developing is not the same as running your portfolio website on your own server in the corner of your room hehe.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2022 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See above facts. We know approximately what Rogean pays. We don't need to know exactly, because that isn't even the question, fool.

The question is "What does one need to pay to run a server?" Rogean will be +/- that number within a small range. If he already has hardware, he may pay very little or nothing.

We have answered that question. You lose. Nice try. Sorry you can't BS away the obvious fact you put your foot in your esophagus.
Dude it’s a little strange how you keep commenting over and over reaffirming that Rogean has never told you what it costs him to run P99. We get it, you don’t know. We don’t need multiple replies of you saying it over and over
Old 01-26-2022, 07:24 PM
Banned

the only logical conclusion is a server merge
i really don’t see Nilbog reneging on his published statements from launch
Old 01-26-2022, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the only logical conclusion is a server merge
i really don’t see Nilbog reneging on his published statements from launch
Old 01-26-2022, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude it’s a little strange how you keep commenting over and over reaffirming that Rogean has never told you what it costs him to run P99. We get it, you don’t know. We don’t need multiple replies of you saying it over and over
You are wrong and diggin in. You look like an idiot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Facts don't care about your feelings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2022, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are wrong and diggin in. You look like an idiot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Facts don't care about your feelings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I’m just trying to save you some time man! I was just letting you know you don’t have to reaffirm my point over and over, but obviously if that’s what you want to do then alright to each their own!
Old 01-26-2022, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

"To each their own" is a loser's attempt to save face. Well done. Wrong again.

With google on my side, there is no idiot I can't defeat with simple facts, huehue
Old 01-26-2022, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
"To each their own" is a loser's attempt to save face. Well done. Wrong again.

With google on my side, there is no idiot I can't defeat with simple facts, huehue
Dude it’s alright that Rogean hasn’t told you what he pays. He hasn’t told any of us. It’s not a slight on you
Old 01-27-2022, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude it’s alright that Rogean hasn’t told you what he pays. He hasn’t told any of us. It’s not a slight on you
Still wrong. We know what servers cost. Doesn't matter what one person pays.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every few months this topic comes up, and nobody ever remembers:

Rogean doesn't just own P99, he owns EQEMU. He makes money off of ALL the servers by donations to EQEMU, and P99 donations.

Rogean isn't just P99, Rogean is ALL OF THE EMULATORS except for TAKP which does not use EQEMU. (TAKP really isn't an emulator, its the actual legit Mac client, and therefore the most accurate.)

chances are he had connections to verant/soe back in the day, i mean who would really let some strange random person use their IP for free?

Why was P99 allowed to continue, when the eqclassic.org project (which started years before P99), was nailed with cease and desist orders from SOE?

Think people, THINK.
are you telling me that TAKP has managed to somehow get ahold of the actual EQ mac server client??
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread