Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2022, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

You're so focused on this one camp that you're trying to act like this happens everywhere else.

It doesn't.

Build a bridge and get over the idol camp. Raiding guilds don't need you to sell idols to them one at a time.

Find somewhere else to make 500pp.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-27-2022, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your argument sounds a bit masochistic and I don't think represents the majority, but rather the small minority that benefit from the current camp rules.
I really don't understand where you get this presumption everybody is on your side. People have been asking for instancing for many years before you started posting here, and it hasn't happened.

Obviously those people are in the minority, or you would see instancing or lists/rotations everywhere. The evidence factually does not support your argument. Can you show me the data to support the idea most people agree with you?

Also, the majority of camps are not monopolized, so the majority of players do benefit from the current camp rules.

I am not sure why you care so much about one monopolized camp that isn't even necessary for 95% of the game's content. It isn't even strictly required for raiding, you could make due without it.

Finally, it is not masochistic to want a non-instanced game with unfair mechanics. That was a fairly common game design practice for the time. Some people like the game design of older games, including myself. I am not a fan of every MMO being an instanced WoW clone. They are boring and you get no feeling of accomplishment.

Let me ask you, why are you so opposed to playing TLP? It will fit your idea of fairness perfectly, and you get to play Everquest at the same time.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:35 PM
Aviak

It is absolutely not just the Idol Camp. There are a lot of camps monopolized by the same player/guild 99% of the time. This isn't conjecture, but factual. This needs to change. One person/guild should not have the ability to monopolize the game play, simply because they can keep handing the camp over to the next in line. My feeling is that the rule should be, create a list, keep to the list, and if the next person on the list isn't able to respond in 10 minutes once the camp is up, then they lose their position on the list. This would prevent bat signaling and monopolization. It's a very simple fix.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

the thing is eventually they die of loserness or their crypto investment blows up and then they move on.

So no mater how much it seems like there is always 1 guy doing 1 thing forever, it's just like the seasons, that guy will go away and then YOU can be the guy. That's what happens.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is absolutely not just the Idol Camp. There are a lot of camps monopolized by the same player/guild 99% of the time. This isn't conjecture, but factual. This needs to change. One person/guild should not have the ability to monopolize the game play, simply because they can keep handing the camp over to the next in line. My feeling is that the rule should be, create a list, keep to the list, and if the next person on the list isn't able to respond in 10 minutes once the camp is up, then they lose their position on the list. This would prevent bat signaling and monopolization. It's a very simple fix.
Nah, you're lying. You don't have any examples except idol, so I don't believe you.

Nobody else is going to believe you, either.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-27-2022, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, you're lying. You don't have any examples except idol, so I don't believe you.

Nobody else is going to believe you, either.
King in warrens
Old 01-27-2022, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah please come up with a list of camps you think this is happening to besides Shiny Brass Idol and Scepter of the Forlorn please. Simply claiming something as fact doesn't make it so. Right now you have nothing but conjecture. I have been playing on this server for years, and the number of monopolized camps has always been pretty small. It has just shifted a bit over the years based on items nerfs or rule changes. Remember that this forum is about blue server, so talking about legacy /list camps on Green is irrelevant.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-27-2022 at 07:39 PM..
Old 01-27-2022, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Clark! Thats the guy.

Everyone thought he'd never leave but he did.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:01 PM
Aviak

Rather than list other camps, why don't we just ask, what if it is just these two camps and no other? Shouldn't these camps be available to everyone who shows up and not just the one guild camping both all the time? Its not even numbers, because other guilds have as many players or more, it's just they got there first and now dictate who takes over when they're done because they have enough players to monopolize (and support the practice in this thread). It needs to change or the items need to be made lore. Something to make it less lucrative for one person to stay forever or guilds to perma-camp these spots.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Rather than list other camps, why don't we just ask, what if it is just these two camps and no other? Shouldn't these camps be available to everyone who shows up and not just the one guild camping both all the time? Its not even numbers, because other guilds have as many players or more, it's just they got there first and now dictate who takes over when they're done because they have enough players to monopolize (and support the practice in this thread). It needs to change or the items need to be made lore. Something to make it less lucrative for one person to stay forever or guilds to perma-camp these spots.
No. List the other camps or admit your previous points are pure conjecture. Your argument is falling appart, with nothing left but your opinion. It is fine to have an opinion. But yours is the small minority, which is why most people disagree with you here.