Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

yeah bro I took Introduction to American Govt. too

it still matters, a number of states require their electors to vote based on the popular vote -- the one I live in included. Granted they don't -really- have to because the penalties are so meaningless but they usually do. Plus a faithless elector has never changed the outcome of an election.

So what was your point? Just trying to look like a high information voter?
Old 11-21-2016, 02:04 PM
Banned

without the electoral college Hillary fucking Clinton would be President of the United States genius

working as intended
Old 11-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what was your point? Just trying to look like a high information voter?
My point was said, your vote never mattered. And this election proved it. The folks in the electoral college have their own minds and vote how they see fit, it was just never a popular opinion until the rise of the internet and people educating themselves by googling "electoral college"

So to repeat, citizen votes do not matter. never did, never will.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point was said, your vote never mattered. And this election proved it. The folks in the electoral college have their own minds and vote how they see fit, it was just never a popular opinion until the rise of the internet and people educating themselves by googling "electoral college"

you are really dumb should prolly shut up

I hope your a freshman at a libarts skool dude or there's not much hope for growth
Old 11-21-2016, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can repeat it, but doesn't make it true. They matter in practice, even if not in principle. the rise of the internet matters very much if it changes how everything works, and it did. information moves very fast now and this is all occurring within the basic framework set. just like how we all play EverQuest but it's a much different game now isn't it? It wasn't the game that changed (a little, it's not a perfect replica), it was the players.

Anyways, this is nice. You demonstrate what I'm talking about so neatly in response to the topic.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Banned

You can be condescending all you want, but your vote never mattered. And Alaska's electoral votes never changed an outcome of an election.

You are just kinda there. But that is not a bad thing. Be happy you are living in a country where we(they) at least give you the illusion of mattering. What you do after finding out the cold hard truth is up to you.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calexit would be the demise of California. Liberals need to look at Haiti and south Africa, because that's where they're headed
My favorite part about Calexit is the news article I read where the author was claiming this was the first time a western nation had someone try to secede. I really wanted to shoot him an e-mail and ask if he's ever heard of Texas. I'd expect his answer to be 'no,' as I don't think people who live in CA realize the world continues beyond their state's border.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by am0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite part about Calexit is the news article I read where the author was claiming this was the first time a western nation had someone try to secede. I really wanted to shoot him an e-mail and ask if he's ever heard of Texas. I'd expect his answer to be 'no,' as I don't think people who live in CA realize the world continues beyond their state's border.
Guess they've never heard of Quebec either. Correct, people in California live in a bubble. Watch any Mark Dice video where he walks around doing interviews for further evidence.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

California and New York went for Clinton which would sway the popular vote. No electoral college means Texas, New York, and California would essentially elect presidents. Too much consolidation there.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
2008 rolls around, many republican and southern states declare "Not my president!".
Yeeeeah, pretty much didn't happen. In fact the libcucks were wearing tshirts to my work with that printed on it even during Bush. Little did they realize they were no different than Bush of course.

But no, you're waaaaay off. The libs keep doing the "not my president" corporate branded trendy fashionware, but we have Birthers. Birthers do not say "not my president", they want the truth, and if true he wasn't born in the US, they want him impeached. You libs are protesting democracy, our Birthers are concerned for the law of the land. One wants lawlessness, the other wants law and order.

And still there is no solid proof 0bama was born here, something that I can easily prove of myself. All 0bama produced was this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]