Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Large Rat

Default Returning red warrior questions

Been away for a bit (pre-velious), coming back and rolling a warrior.

As of now the plan is basically, troll warrior on red server.

Managed to get haste gloves and some other basic gear +Wurmslayer and Shimmering Partisan for omg look at that beast! fear factor

Thinking about goin all +dex on creation for more procs when I get to that level range. Is this a bad idea? (I'm thinking my +str gear and innate Troll str will be enough to hold me over till I can eventually max the stats in the long run)

I'm not too concerned with the details of min/max pve but I do wonder if I would be a lot better off with some alternative weapons? I'll probably do some solo play with intermittent groups as available.

Are there any other velious alternatives for gearing that I might keep an eye out for in trade?

Thanks for the help

Thik
Old 12-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Large Rat

Any new and useful warrior clickies with velious?
Old 12-18-2015, 01:00 AM
Fire Giant

Blood Runed Greaves, Blood Runed Belt, Blood Runed Gauntlets, Barbed Dragonscale Boots, Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons, Silver Chitin Handwraps, Crystal Chitin Armplates.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome back to red
Old 12-19-2015, 02:50 AM
Aviak

To be honest, i create a Troll Warrior on red and wished I threw more points into Dex...Other stats arent too hard to cap, but dex seems to be much more difficult. Just my opinion.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blood Runed Greaves, Blood Runed Belt, Blood Runed Gauntlets, Barbed Dragonscale Boots, Barbed Dragonscale Pauldrons, Silver Chitin Handwraps, Crystal Chitin Armplates.
On red I would forget the above. Go ogre or halflings. Balance your resists and aim for at least 100 Mr unless leveling up with friends. Carry pumice.

Guardian armor if you have friends willing to farm otherwise the old math arms legs are still excellent for you.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Banned

troll best warrior race imo

str/stam will easily be maxed endgame, dex won't be maxed unless you have avatar, dex is also factored into pvp hit rate on red99, as is agility(for avoidance)

i think i read someone say that roughly 7 dex equals 1% hit rate after parsing different dex levels
Old 12-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

Im a halfling warrior on red and love it. I put pts into dex and agil. In classic and kunark my sta and str lacked but thas not the case anymore my agil and dex is really high. Ogres and troll agil i think is horrid. Raid buffed im 255 str sta dex agil with out avatar. I llhave to check what they are non raid buffed

Being small is good in pvp imo.

Sneak is nice. Not huge but there are a handful of pve things i can do that other warriors cant.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

velious and pvp server both definitely favor high dex races. if you're playing for the endgame, the high str races have a harder time itemizing to drop str/sta for dex/hp/agi, as str/sta are so common you may as well consider them free stats.

best racials: iksar (strictly endgame, its a long road not being able to wear plate till velious)
best stats: halfling (half-elf/iksar runners up)
good balance/strong early game/best untwinked: troll (-FR is a bit rough on red tho, if you dont twink prepare to die a lot in open zones against druids until youre geared)
style points: human (best velious plate graphics,) halfling (small race, good 1h animations,) half elf (rare, best looking kunark plate on a not-shit stats race,) gnome (wall looking OP for shot-caller type players, but you can eventually illusion in vel, rare)

small/uncommon race is also a big advantage in mass pvp until your name starts getting recognized or AoN

ogre FSI is very overrated, with not-shit weapons the occasional stun will make almost no difference on your aggro generation especially with how procs work in EQ. the main advantage to FSI is a few less headaches with positioning when you have a raid with crazy amounts of push, but i've never seen it make any kind of difference in the outcome of a fight. pro racial for shamans, overrated for warriors.

disclaimer: never played a warrior on p99. mained one from release day to PoP on live, but i know some stat mechanics work differently on here.
Last edited by Xaanka; 12-19-2015 at 11:13 PM..
Closed Thread