Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Default Warrior alt - dexterity build

I played a warrior as a main for over a decade on live. I've avoided making one here so far but haven't gotten around to it. If I ever do, I'll likely break from the norm and dump all my starting stats into dexterity - likely hafling (sneak/hide are unique), but dwarf if not for the fashion quest and barrel rolls (starting stats are a bit better). Either choice for starting dexterity and small size.

Key items I've found so far being cloak of shadows, silver chitin wrist (1 or 2), and RBG (haste and another 8 dex).

How high could you push a warrior's dexterity with buyable gear that isn't insanely pricey? 115 innate (counting 25 bonus to dex). If I manage another fungi, that sets me back 10 dex. I'm a long way off from financing him but I may start looking for items on my primary characters.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How high could you push a warrior's dexterity with buyable gear that isn't insanely pricey?
255? Dex gear isn't particularly expensive because pure dex gear isn't good or desirable. This is just a bad idea. A stamina focused warrior with a simple Boon of the Garou is going to be a much better tank.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

I did this, its 'fun' for a gimmicky alt if you are into that.

I doubled up on gimmicks and wear all black armor too. Despite that concession I still hit 200 dex unbuffed with very little spent.

Blackened Alloy Mask I found to be a decent if little known item. Carnal pauldrons pretty common rotquest while you camp your cloak of shadows.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

I would say 150-175 is a good number to shoot for. Its almost impossible to break 200 with buyable gear without seriously gimping yourself, especially wearing a fungi, but really the returns aren't that great anyways.

I'll throw you my parsing numbers when I get a chance and find my notebook.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Sarnak

Ok, this was done with a level 40 warrior with a fungi in oermafrost, using the wall healers to have up to 30 minute single fights. Each dex value has around 60 minutes of data and 80-100ish procs. I used 2 weapons. It was almost exactly half the procs for the off hand. I will give the data for just main hand (using both the off and main hand data).

80dex | 1 proc per 65.3second | 2698 seconds of data

93sec | 55.8 | 1254

99dex | 55.6 | 2854

102dex | 51.4 | 2977

130dex | 48.2 | 2955

160dex | 43.5 | 2757

So, this isn't perfect, but I think I there's enough data here to dig a formula out. Maybe I'll work on it sometime. Or if someone else wants a fun project, go nuts.

There might be a jump somewhere in the lower values (like Agi and AC), but I'd have to parse more at low there to find it. There also might not be. That's why I did 99 and 102. hoping to find it at 100, but doesn't seem to be there. The 80 dex is somewhat out of line, but really not out of the rng possibility.

Ok, well, hope that helps. That was the most damage ever done to an ice goblin, I'd imagine. I think one got up to 50k before the healers messed up their rotation finally =P
Old 04-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah I figured getting much over 175 would be rough.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

I push Troll on everyone bc you can roll a warrior with:

STR 120
STA 120
AGI 90
DEX 95

+innate regen, +slam pre-55 +look like a boss in custom helm (IDK about females, never seen one in a custom helm in game).

Halflings are cool too.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I push Troll on everyone bc you can roll a warrior with:

STR 120
STA 120
AGI 90
DEX 95

+innate regen, +slam pre-55 +look like a boss in custom helm (IDK about females, never seen one in a custom helm in game).

Halflings are cool too.
Trolls do wear nice custom helms. This doesn't change the fact they scratch their asses constantly and wear a diaper under their armors, and require a shrink all the time like ogres do.

I love small races, they all have nice starting dex, are very small making targeting easy with good dungeon crawling ability without shrinking, and aren't overplayed like warrior fatties and iksar are.

Go halfling, gnome, dark elf, or dwarf. They simply add an element of fun and novelty to the warrior class you can't get when you choose the typical min/max races.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:23 AM
Fire Giant

I'll buy Halfling or Dark Elf

But gnomes and dwarves are disgusting.

Wood Elf female gets a pretty dope custom crown for a warrior as well.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:58 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah as an alt I'm avoiding the temptation to simply min/max a large race. A dexterity loaded hobbit (or dwarf) will level faster, hold aggro better, and still have more than enough hp to get any job done.

Closed Thread