Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 01:04 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Warrior bow kiting..

I have a warrior I like to solo with when I can. I'm currently solo'ing in the overthere, I just solo'd all of 38 last night using a combination of zerking and bow kiting.
Its alot of fun and quite challenging. I never did this before on live.
Using sow pots and bumming buffs off druids. Fletching up 4dmg 150distance arrows and using a runed oak bow.
I melee (wurm/lammy) until I go berserk then kite with the bow, landing some 100+ crips with my arrows. Once the mob flees I engage then bind wounds back to 50 and repeat. I could also melee them down but occasionally have to kite to stay alive.
Overthere seems like the best zone I've come across to do this but I'm curious of any other war's have done similar and where did you do it?
I need a long mob free area like the tunnel to fm in ot.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

I would ask Ivory. They bow-kite a lot. I imagine there would be similar room to kite in DL, along the walls or through the tunnel even?
Old 04-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

A legit tactic and one that I used to do often. I solo'd my sebilis key as well as a lot of other outdoor content by bow kiting in zerk. At 50 things really get started.

Silken Whip of Ensnaring
Blood Point
Truncheon of Doom

Eventually I turned it into kind of a joust tactic. With a fungi, blood point, and max bind wound you can really keep your HP exactly where you want it. During the initial engage I would usually use the whip and blood point until its snared. Once the mob is snared I would start kiting with my bow while running in with a trunch hammer to try and get it slowed. While on joust kite I'd be constantly shooting arrows. Once a trunch lands you can basically solo anything blue with blood points, fungi, and a good haste.

Also, I wasn't aware of Wooly Spider Silk Nets until 60. These things are great fill a 10 slot bag with them. They only cost 29pp to recharge and allow you to root at will. I wish had known this earlier.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Sarnak

What exactly challenging about this ? Trying not to fall asleep?
Old 04-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

It allows a warrior to kill things solo that we would otherwise be unable to kill.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A legit tactic and one that I used to do often. I solo'd my sebilis key as well as a lot of other outdoor content by bow kiting in zerk. At 50 things really get started.

Silken Whip of Ensnaring
Blood Point
Truncheon of Doom

Eventually I turned it into kind of a joust tactic. With a fungi, blood point, and max bind wound you can really keep your HP exactly where you want it. During the initial engage I would usually use the whip and blood point until its snared. Once the mob is snared I would start kiting with my bow while running in with a trunch hammer to try and get it slowed. While on joust kite I'd be constantly shooting arrows. Once a trunch lands you can basically solo anything blue with blood points, fungi, and a good haste.

Also, I wasn't aware of Wooly Spider Silk Nets until 60. These things are great fill a 10 slot bag with them. They only cost 29pp to recharge and allow you to root at will. I wish had known this earlier.
Neat, thanks for more tips.
Closed Thread