Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proly before. Random growings in the forests. Some ergot on wild wheat.
Humans eat stuff and wander. Some kid around 12, middle aged, proly ate some one day, started speaking about black cubes (Daywolf incorporation), or about the animals on the hunt, or the plants in the vicinity, or banking on the subconscious understanding that its small tribe was indeed small and tnat since there's a vast ignorance in their part they manifested an idea of a deity during a severe rapid thunder storm (nature's fucking cool), or aliens (enough dosaging will have you seeing aliens), and recalling their experiences they shared with their tribe sprouting spirits into the human mind. But when you're conversing with a dragon, you know shit got real.
Last edited by Ahldagor; 12-13-2016 at 09:24 AM..
Old 12-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dothgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL its because science is observational. w/ religion you're going off of old liars 2000 yrs ago. can u even make it through a game of telephone w/ 20 people and get the message through to the otherside in 1 piece?? with science has constants which you can actually test and make measurements on.. religion is just like believing a guy can ride on a sleigh with flying reindeer and deliver all of the presents to good girls and boys across the world in 1 night.
The same logic concerning the existence of aliens can be applied to gods.

Thanks, science! You proved deities exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 12-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Synapses of the brain? There are bigger mysteries. Life is impossible.
The crux of the issue is that we can't understand the complexity of our brains because we are using those same brains to try to understand that complexity. So it will always seem mysterious, but it really isn't.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The same logic concerning the existence of aliens can be applied to gods.

Thanks, science! You proved deities exist
If you want to call creators "deities" then yes, probably. But it says nothing about the afterlife.

Another interesting read on the topic is that we are probably living in a computer simulation.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...er-simulation/
Old 12-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to call creators "deities" then yes, probably. But it says nothing about the afterlife.

Another interesting read on the topic is that we are probably living in a computer simulation.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...er-simulation/
To assume that current science has quantified everything that exists is beyond faith. A true scientist would say "I don't know" or "It's possible" when asked about the afterlife.

And keep in mind that ancient civilizations were explaining the big bang thousands of years ago, and current science can only speculate on it.

Quote:

Old 12-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Banned

You got no proof, rubber. Bad theory cause it's conjecture. You are being very pedantic.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:24 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You got no proof, rubber. Bad theory cause it's conjecture. You are being very pedantic.
I appreciate your understanding, Skarlorn. My thoughts on the subject were simply conjectures of prerecorded history, yes. I am no ethnobotanist or anthropologist; I do not have the proper credentials to back any of what I am saying.
Last edited by rubberdoor; 12-13-2016 at 02:33 PM..
Old 12-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To assume that current science has quantified everything that exists is beyond faith. A true scientist would say "I don't know" or "It's possible" when asked about the afterlife.

And keep in mind that ancient civilizations were explaining the big bang thousands of years ago, and current science can only speculate on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ancient civilizations did not have any kind of meaningful grasp of even the most basic concepts of science
Old 12-13-2016, 02:44 PM
Banned

Ok friend I'm sorry I got upset. Sometimes people here spout theory like it's 100% confirmed since some alt new source published it. It was a good conversation with lots of nice facts in the end. This morning I woke up and realized it's a fun theory too. Love you.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Ancient civilizations did not have any kind of meaningful grasp of even the most basic concepts of science
You're right, yet somehow they knew what the big bang was.

Now the question is this: Were those cultures privy to highly advanced knowledge (perhaps humans have been around longer than we're lead to believe and had an advanced culture before some sort of apocalyptic scenario that set us back to the stone age) or is current science based on the same primitive shamanistic explanations of creation?

Quote:

Closed Thread