Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Default Red/White Dragon Tooth -- Staff of Forbidden Rites

Issue: Red Dragon Tooth, White Dragon Tooth, and Staff of Forbidden Rites should each stop dropping from Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox at some point. Admittedly, I have not been able to locate any patch notes or developer notes regarding the removal of these items. I'm posting this thread for community feedback and crowd sourcing.

EQMac is slightly helpful to show that these items at the very least stopped dropping as of Planes of Power. A search of the forums does not reveal any sales or trades of the Dragon teeth. The only instances of the dragon teeth is a cut and paste of Nagafen's loot table in a pick up raid thread. There are no posts indicating a drop of the items. A search for Staff of Forbidden Rites (SoFR) only reveals a handful of posts, a chunk of which are discussing when it was removed.

This EQMac thread discusses Vox's loot table on EQ Mac, with some back and forth of whether the teeth and SoFR were removed pre-Kunark, pre-Velious, or during Velious.

Zam is more disappointing with the item database entries for both teeth and SoFR. The Red Dragon Tooth entry identifies that "This item used to drop from Lord Nagafen" and has several quotes (#1, #2) from early 2001 (early Velious) that it had stopped dropping months earlier (pre-Velious) and several more beyond the scope of our server's timeline indicating the same. There is one contradictory post from May2002, saying that he got one as a drop at a raid in April 2002 (Luclin). This post is highly suspect on its own, as there are no other corroborating posts to support this person's position.

The White Dragon Tooth entry in the Zam database is wholly devoid of information. And does not provide any guidance on this issue.

Staff of Forbidden Rites entry mostly includes people flaming each other on giving this item to monks and how recharging works. There is one post from April 2002 claiming that Vox dropped it the night before, so this would be Planes of Power era drop, which is not corroborated by the EQ Mac forum. An October 2003 post claims that the last one to drop on the Tunare server was October 2002 (Pre-Planes of Power).

I suppose the best information to show how long they should at least continue to drop would be archived guild updates where they identified these items as dropping.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Project Manager

Thinking Velious release for their removal, unless a better date is found.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

Will these stop dropping soon Nilbog?
Old 11-03-2015, 11:29 PM
Banned

More reason to reactivate recharging on red. We already have a harder time based on reduced population.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno, I think the Staff should remain in and the teeth should be removed from drop table.

The posts from 2002 suggesting drops seems to allude to the fact that Rez sticks dropped into PoP.

EQMac I know of 2 Rez sticks that existed and they were from a GM event (until a certain individual started dupping items.). They certainly didn't drop on there but EQMac had a weird mish-mash of code between 2002-2003 stuff was on there. Some zones had 2002 drops and some had 2003, etc. It not dropping on Mac is correct however it could've still been removed in 2002 or 2003, and also have not dropped on Mac ever because of how they mashed together different parts/timelines of the server for Mac.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20030710...picID=22.topic

Quote:
Twiggetts
(10/8/01 7:47 am)
Re: What should i take to POM ???
Staff of Forbidden Rites does still drop FYI.

I am your first, your last, your everything!

Julik Supermonk
(10/8/01 10:19 am)
Re: What should i take to POM ???
Had 3 Staff Drop on my last Vox Raid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found this looking for Velious binding information. Looks like Staff of Forbidden Rites may drop through the entirety of Velious.