Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made the drop tables 10 years ago. Yes, there is 10 years for changes to potentially take effect, but the likelihood is very very low that anyone would have ever touched those tables. I still have all of the original data that went into the DB from 10 years ago. I just can’t see this working for 10 years, and suddenly on green launch it is suddenly broken. It is so incredibly unlikely. If someone did make changes, that sucks; I just highly highly doubt it.

I am also pretty sure you have no idea how statistics work because you are talking about such incredibly small sample sizes and declaring them as fact, it’s pretty hilarious.
Wenai, it’s because those materials were not needed before pets were 100% removed from merchant after 20.

Before Green i was leveling a magician on blue. I never researched a pet, just the other spells and still did not bother for most.

The hypothesis is since they fixed magician by putting pets on merchant instead of fixing the magician research that was unfinished at realesed, drops were never adjusted to the level they should have been dropping. Components drops, but words are defenetly alot rarer than other classes.

Anyway we see the light at the end of tunnel, it appears magician will be unbroken in a nesr futur.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are leveling too fast... group with a few hybrids.. take it slow. get more words. Prices are so high on those words because there is a high demand. Everyone made pet classes to rush content and excluded key classes. So it's ok if key classes can profit from it.
The same people excluding non pet classes from the groups are up in arms that those they excluded are using a free market to sell the words for whatever someone will buy them for.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:54 PM
Banned

A Mage is so easy mode brain dead anyways... they deserve to pay thru the roof for those words
Old 11-08-2019, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A Mage is so easy mode brain dead anyways... they deserve to pay thru the roof for those words
All class are easy, your playing a 20 years old mmo revolving around auto-attack.
We like the game becaude we speak to each other and need each other.

Just the fact that we have an active community even in the forum is great.

I am not certain why magicians would deserve to pay anything special, nor any other class. Did you get abused by a magician in your youth ?
Last edited by Obrae; 11-08-2019 at 04:40 PM..
Old 11-08-2019, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

I HATE the research requirement.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Because of the high value of the Magician Words groups make you roll for them unlike everyone else that just get their class's words for being part of the group
Old 11-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made the drop tables 10 years ago.
The drop tables might have worked with pets on vendors, but in their current state magicians are just screwed.

I've posted before that I strongly suspect the droptables are based on having pets on merchants, due to the cumulative needs that magician research involves, but it got drowned out by the noise in the thread.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

To answer the original poster's question - yes, you can get skill ups doing combinations (at least on Blue). That is my "quest" among my characters - to gain skill ups without buying them from a master.

I have ten characters (on hiatus); and whenever components would drop, rarely did it drop for the class getting that reward. That is, if I am adventuring with my warrior, then all types of components would drop. If I use my necromancer, then I would get enchanter pages. Running with my druid gains a bit of this and that. If I was to determine the ~hardest~ components to gain, then it would be wizard runes.

But your mileage may vary.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I just can’t see this working for 10 years, and suddenly on green launch it is suddenly broken.
That is because for those 10 years, pets were on merchants.

I'm sure you understand given this new information.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Wenai, thanks for your work on the project! I believe the mage components were meant to be more rare. I realize also that people are providing you with anecdotal evidence, but I can only tell you from my experience that mage components are much harder to come by.

Here's something to consider, look at the prices for researched spells on blue. You'll find that the mage spells are far more expensive than the other classes.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Closed Thread