Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 11:36 AM
Banned

Money bags Xavier.

Geared in what would be considered twink tier garbage today, had all his spells. Not a single piece of planar armor, paw of oppala and some crappy quest scimitar.

Top guild druid, he was badass. Guy is geared out, max xp and has a 1kpp cushion to sit on.
Old 06-28-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

The economy is actually pretty stable...it just isn't at all like it was on live. But what did you expect? Its a static emulator server...obviously the economy isn't going to play out over ten years how it played out on live.

There was a time here when buying a CoF was a hard thing too...and selling one was grounds for server wide ranting. It was 8 years ago, but it didn't happen here too.

Short of starting a new server I don't know how they could really correct for this without making severe changes to game play. Even on the new green server, despite the fact that it will be more accurate to the era because of releasing content on the actual time line this go around, the economy will eventually be in the same boat.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Back then the average pleb didn't have auction trackers and that would have massively lowered prices. You pretty much paid rares that were in line with whoever's the hell played during your hours.

Let's not forget duped play on p99 too.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 06-28-2019, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People don't realize how easy they have it on p99 sometimes. You could level a druid to group porting levels, bind at Hammer Hill, and make 10k in a week or two if you really go at it. That 10k would go really far compared to live2k.
Yeah, for sure. I ported for plat a bit on live too during Luclin and PoP era and people didn't tip nearly what they do on P99 either. I was always getting 10-15p tips compared to the often 50p+ on p99. So the money here is faster, and it goes further.
Old 06-28-2019, 10:31 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Duped plat was really bad here early on.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 06-28-2019, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Autism. Autism is the answer.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Autism. Autism is the answer.
Definitely more concentrated at this point.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 06-28-2019, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely more concentrated at this point.
I learned long ago that I cant compete with most elfs.

I'm ok with that.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I learned long ago that I cant compete with most elfs.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 06-30-2019, 07:14 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who no-lifed the shit out of the original EQ came to P99 knowing every single item that would eventually be removed from the game and skyrocket in value. So they came here and no-lifed the fuck out of those camps and got rich.

Then they locked down epic items for years on end, putting character completion behind a huge wall of neckbearded plat, causing many otherwise healthy players to farm inordinate sums of money to pay the ransom.

Server is a decade old + the above for years on end = hyperinflated shitty mess of an economy. It's been a race to the bottom since the very beginning.
That's not entirely true. When someone buys aow pants from a guild like aftermath, that 900k gets spent on recharges and bind sessions. I'd wager a single recharge session costs AM around 100-200k (once a week?) and a bind sessions probably 200-400k (once a month?)

There's a good way to get some pp out of the system.
Closed Thread