Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Best class to farm manastones in classic?
Warrior 17 22.37%
Monk 2 2.63%
Rogue 3 3.95%
Ranger 4 5.26%
Paladin 0 0%
Shadowknight 1 1.32%
Bard 2 2.63%
Wizard 0 0%
Enchanter 13 17.11%
Necromancer 15 19.74%
Magician 11 14.47%
Cleric 1 1.32%
Druid 3 3.95%
Shaman 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Default Best class to farm manastones in classic.

Let's get down to it. Say what class is best and why.

Don't forget to factor in the fact that it will be a highly contested camp and the character might have to stay there for a long time before actually starting to kill (so FD ability may be of value).

I've never played before Kunark so I'm not sure how a 50 SK would fare down there vs the eye.

Obvious choices are Ench and Necro, I'm leaning more toward Necro because of FD.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

The class don't matter, you just need to be in the guild that will lock the camp until the nerf...
Old 09-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Banned

its green at 50

u gotta have some kind of palsy to fail at killing it

why would u need fd for it, who is this guy
Old 09-06-2019, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Necro so you can afk camp it while fd with pet on spawn.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Probably easier to get there as necro, safely hold camp with necro, but ench probably kills it easier with stun spam. Might change my mind on the last one if the necro pets have the old delay values were you can give them 2 FS daggers and they become blenders. You could just use the cascading and fear them the damage would quickly put them in durp mode.

50SK could certainly do it. I solo'd the king on mine back in the day with a BIBS and bronze armor. The more diffcult trick would be clearing the camp so you have nice area to fear, then fall back after fear breaks and reapply fear at a safe distance. of course you are kind of crossing your fingers you don't get a respawn add.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

You better be ready to straight up ruin your whole life if you intend to compete with the unemployed basement dwelling usurpers. Think about AT LEAST 1,500 people on one server when only three continents are available. Then think about how many of those people level 35+ will be in Lower Guk. With that zone having both the guise and manastone. Want to say at least 30% of the population ? 450 people you will have scraping at those camps. Let that sink in for a moment...However, they could shut down the red server and open two green servers! =P

But yeah to answer your question.

Mage (most OP class in classic due to the sheer strength of the pet)
Enchanter
Necro
Shaman

are probably among the easiest.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Mages have serious problems dealing with adds. Gonna be especially bad to get shaman adds and you eat some nasty ass DoTs.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Any class that can kill a blue creature will allow you to farm manastone as quickly as possible.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

I see some people fail at reading.

Nobody is talking about what class can kill, at 50, a level 36 mob.

The question is what class will be best for the whole process of getting to the camp, getting the camp, keeping the camp and basically farm a bunch of stones while they still drop.

Mages have a good pet but getting past the bats alone will probably be a concern for them. Also they will gate or (most likely) die to the first train and will have to CR themselves without a pet (no malachite). Sounds great.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is what class will be best for the whole process of getting to the camp, getting the camp, keeping the camp and basically farm a bunch of stones while they still drop.
any class that can kill a single blue creature [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any class that can kill a single yellow creature will have a few level advantage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mage may end up with adds because of a lack of ability to root.
Closed Thread