Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's pretty likely that the OWS movement can become politically effective.
vs $$$$$$$? think again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Its happened before a few times. Read up on the history of the 1900s. Banks, the wealthiest 1%, fiscal conservatives and doomsayers -- all have been thrown out of power by political process in our country. We need them, but we need them to have less influence. Cynically thinking it can't happen is selling your own voice and future short.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

I'll add that stupid and whiny mischaracterizations of the protesters are mostly coming from the same sources. Believing this without taking a closer look at the causes for the protests is "99%" likely to be against your best interests.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the "occupy Boston" version of this "protest" is pretty hilarious. Every radio station/news network is unable to get a straight answer from any of the "protestors" regarding why they're even there.

TBH - get the fuck out of Boston. The only "99%" stat thats obvious to identify is the fact that 99% of these idiots are homeless fucking drifters shtitting up public transportation and bathing in McDonalds restrooms.
you've seen this on oreilly right? have you seen the daily show's version of this at tea party rallys?

face it, the average american is politically illiterate regardless of her position on the political spectrum, criticizing just one particular facet of the citizenry is being hypocritical.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you've seen this on oreilly right? have you seen the daily show's version of this at tea party rallys?

face it, the average american is politically illiterate regardless of her position on the political spectrum, criticizing just one particular facet of the citizenry is being hypocritical.
The "Occupy" protests are completely meaningless and my opinion about them specifically has no baring on my political allegiance or opinion on any social policy, fiscal policy, or recent change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have you seen the daily show's version of this at tea party rallys?
Also, I don't usually develop my opinion based on what's on TV. So, no, no I haven't.
Last edited by azeth; 10-14-2011 at 10:02 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 10:00 AM
Kobold

I've heard several say they have student loans, and they want the "government" to pay those loans. I've heard many say they are tired of corporations. I've heard many say they think the rich have too much money.

But I have yet to hear one of them say anything about what exactly they want done.

With sponsors like Adbusters and George Soros, I can't see anything positive coming from this bunch of basement dwellers turned park occupiers.

This really belongs in Off topic... not in Server Chat.
Last edited by Hoggen; 10-14-2011 at 10:03 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I don't usually develop my opinion based on what's on TV. So, no, no I haven't.
that's cool, i don't own a tv and i haven't had one set up in my apartment for the last four years. we can be hipsters together!

you obviously saw or heard it somewhere. personally i find no great distinction between the radio and the tv other than you can do other things which require visual attention while listening to the radio.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
you obviously saw or heard it somewhere. personally i find no great distinction between the radio and the tv other than you can do other things which require visual attention while listening to the radio.
Lol no i didn't obviously see or hear anything. In fact, if you re-read my only comment about the media was:

Quote:
Every radio station/news network is unable to get a straight answer from any of the "protestors" regarding why they're even there..
I'm not positive why you're assuming that because I haven't solicited for handwritten letters identifying the Protestor's wishes that I am bias.

In fact, I am not bias. You're just clearly so uninformed that you are unable to differentiate between a cause worth fighting for, and causing a fight.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Every radio station/news network is unable to get a straight answer from any of the "protestors" regarding why they're even there..
this implies that you are aware of radio stations/news networks that have attempted to get a straight answer from the protesters, correct? where else could you have heard it? hearsay?

it seems apparent to me that you have, at some point, heard a radio station, or news network attempting to solicit opinions from the protestors. is that incorrect?
Old 10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
this implies that you are aware of radio stations/news networks that have attempted to get a straight answer from the protesters, correct? where else could you have heard it? hearsay?
Don't try to argue semantics when you have a reading disability.

I'm done.
Closed Thread