Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Orc

Tass didn't start this thread, and I think he has actually been pretty tame compared to how he usually crusades against TMO.

For those about to die, we shall loot you!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

yeah all his ranting and flaming is just backhanded now instead of pathetically in your face
Old 08-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Just like Rogean has said several times in the past the community morphs the play style of the server. If you don't agree with something then do something to change it, whining hasn't solved anything in 3 years if a group of people want to dethrone the top dog nut up or shut up and just enjoy the game.
Last edited by deneauth; 08-25-2013 at 02:43 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneauth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like Rogean has said several times in the past the community morphs the play style of the server. If you don't agree with something then do something to change it, whining hasn't solved anything in 3 years if a group of people want to dethrone the top dog nut up or shut up and just enjoy the game.
I really can't wait until I get home and can comment my rant on this thread. But the biggest part of this is if you want to raid do it! As a guild stop focusing on "dethroning" and focus on a few targets and slowly progress more. No guild is going to hit the scene is dethrone tmo right buff the bat if ever! Don't rant/bitch/moan/complain and flame the top guild for being just that. Grow dome balls and do something about it. Use a methodical plan and execute and if you cannot do that then you don't have what it takes to being the second to top dog on the server (which seems like it is not the worst place to be) even if you're only getting 10-20% of spawns that's more gear than 0%!!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

I've noticed that most guilds who try to make an entrance to the raid scene do it in an all or nothing way. You need a lot of people and a lot of spare accounts / resources to pull this off. TMO is so deeply entrenched and equipped that you're going to face severe burnout doing this.

It's so much smarter to start with a crew camped out and prepped for an outdoor dragon than it is to keep up with all of the junk that can spawn in a week. I imagine that if a guild was reliably dropping outdoor dragons that the applicants and resources would grow themselves. They're much easier to track, and TMO generally doesn't camp out for them. It's easy to gain a significant advantage on these mobs. Once that guild has a sizable lock on those targets then it can move to the others that require more coordination / mobilization such as Innoruuk and Draco. The key is to always retreat to the encounters that you have learned as an organization when you get bested elsewhere. Those constant kills are what keeps organizational momentum going. If you go after everything, every loss is a crushing defeat. If you "live" at the lesser targets every loss of a higher tier target simply becomes an exciting learning experience until you have that on lock down too.

Baby steps.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of any raid capable guild out there the is one who doesn't talk Shit to us and that is Taken (Minus Thulak, fuck that guy)
I'm curious who you see as raid guilds because I have a hard time imagining Rapture, Divinity, and Azure Guard talking shit to you guys.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

For such a small community with so many high level characters we are really just lacking content at this point Velious will help with that immensely. Also I am not saying every guild who raids is out to oust TMO for top raid guild that is just silly. No one likes tracking an outdoor dragon for up to 4 days and losing it repeatedly it is demoralizing. There is such vicious competition for these targets that if you make one mistake that's all it takes to lose your window of opportunity. I was in VD for what I call my "dark days" of raiding because it was just an aweful experience for me. I personally think the raid scene is much better now as compared to then.
Last edited by deneauth; 08-25-2013 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I skimmed this post but I agree with 100% of what Stealin says because he's my boy and he keeps it real.

There is plenty of room for a number #2 guild on this server but every guild that forms tries to talk shit and "dethrone" TMO instead of existing on there own merits.

I'm not saying it's fair but TMO is the big dog on this server we can monopolize any and all content and when some new guild starts shit talking shit on the daily we have no motivation to let you exist.

There is a small >20 member "hardcore" crew of old IB/VD people who quit and come back every other month, they join a casual raiding guild and motivate them to mass recruit and take raid targets, This causes that guild to explode in membership and these old "hardcore" members get promoted to leadership roles.

Unfortunately, These old IB members don't want to slay Talendor or Faydedar they want to "KILL" TMO so they force these members to compete against TMO for Trak and CT and VP when they were happy to get some gear and there epics. They may get lucky and kill these mobs but eventually TMO gets tired of losing CT/Trakanon and man up and focus on killing these mobs. The casual fluff of this guild starts to get burnt out losing CT over and over again and having 10+ hour corpse runs in Veeshan's Peak due to trains so they quit.

When that happens the old IB people quit again or move onto the next guild to start the cycle over again. Take a look at FE once they stopped making forward progress towards VP every single IB member (who has all their non VP loot) gquit within a month and reformed IB again.

Out of any raid capable guild out there the is one who doesn't talk Shit to us and that is Taken (Minus Thulak, fuck that guy)

If the officership of Taken wanted to get in contact with me or Zeelot and talked about maybe slaying a world dragon or so with us racing them for it I guarantee we could work something out. I have no problems with another raiding guild but when there goal is to kill my guild I will retaliate.
At least spell my name right if your gonna insult me. And my heart breaks that you don't like me Tiggles. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious who you see as raid guilds because I have a hard time imagining Rapture, Divinity, and Azure Guard talking shit to you guys.
divinity and tmo are not on good terms and full circle kind of doesn't exist anymore
Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it funny that Tasslehof has just moved his RnFing to server chat since he quit RnF.

I would also like to point out that outside of VP, for a long while, FE outnumbered TMO. They then mismanaged their guild to the point of a bunch of people quitting/defecting. They now prefer to field less people.
I don't consider the things i'm saying to be rants/flames simply because its just the reality of the raiding scene here. Obviously if you there there is some kind of negativity associated with the image I've described of the raiding scene, there is something wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do I wish things were different? yes
Would I like to help bring about changes to the raid scene? Yes
Do I think anything is ever going to change here? no
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Closed Thread