gunsrsokewl
Old 09-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 09-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled Children [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aowen gathers his political information from NPR. Please, don't take him seriously. He's also a confirmed fascist so of course he hates any opposition, in this case guns, to mother government.
Don't get mad at me because you spend more time under a desk than behind one to get your job done.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cant win the argument shout louder!
gunsrsokewl
Can't win the argument? Cry racism like you did here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...&postcount=294
Old 09-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't get mad at me because you spend more time under a desk than behind one to get your job done.
lolwut?

Get mad? At you? Child, please. You're naive enough to believe what your government tells you. Go back to listening to Amy Goodman tell you how we need more government in our lives because the masses are just too st-st-stupid do to anything on their own.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

amy goodman is a federal disinformation agent
Old 09-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your family is helpless without you, they'd be dead! im surprised they survived thus far while you are away.

Hopefully the ninjas and terrorist that actively pursue you and your family will be held at bay by your awesomeness weekend warrior estrogen riddled tiny penis.

over compensate much, clinging to your guns and little women you can scare, manipulate and control
lol no shit.. everyone in my area owns a rifle, shotgun (without magazines) or pistols
then ofc the gangs with their shit

but these posters are insane lol thinking everyone is out to get em
Old 09-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aowen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I think he can see how retarded you are by himself. I like how you also still think from the other thread that you're right about when poverty alleviation began.
Except that I specifically used the term "war on poverty" because I was speaking specifically about the great expansion started by LBJ. I know you're not used to people using precise terms, and it's clear you can only think in broad generalizations (as your mistake earlier reinforces), but do try and keep up.

Now on the point of causation.. Are you not trying to make the case that gun laws and gun murder rates are causally related? I mean, why would you show statistics outlining the correlation otherwise? If your point is that these things are correlated, but there is no causal relationship, then there would be no reason to debate changing the law. The majority of people, myself included, are mostly utilitarian when it comes to laws. We want laws that have good effects. Causal relationships are crucial when making a utilitarian decision. If we don't think adding a new gun law will decrease gun deaths, there's no reason to even consider the other aspects (freedom vs safety). I simply can't believe that you weren't trying to imply that there is a causal relationship between these two things. Everything I just said could be said for your argument in the poverty thread as well. Don't be dishonest and act like you aren't trying to infer causation from correlation.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Old 09-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except that I specifically used the term "war on poverty" because I was speaking specifically about the great expansion started by LBJ. I know you're not used to people using precise terms, and it's clear you can only think in broad generalizations (as your mistake earlier reinforces), but do try and keep up.

Now on the point of causation.. Are you not trying to make the case that gun laws and gun murder rates are causally related? I mean, why would you show statistics outlining the correlation otherwise? If your point is that these things are correlated, but there is no causal relationship, then there would be no reason to debate changing the law. The majority of people, myself included, are mostly utilitarian when it comes to laws. We want laws that have good effects. Causal relationships are crucial when making a utilitarian decision. If we don't think adding a new gun law will decrease gun deaths, there's no reason to even consider the other aspects (freedom vs safety). I simply can't believe that you weren't trying to imply that there is a causal relationship between these two things. Everything I just said could be said for your argument in the poverty thread as well. Don't be dishonest and act like you aren't trying to infer causation from correlation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does seem odd that poverty rates were steadily declining until we decided to focus our federal government on the problem of poverty, then the rates stopped the decline and even rose a bit. I can only imagine that if the exact opposite had happened (rates flat and then declined once we started throwing money at the problem), we'd never hear the end about how we need to expand the programs. And yet we're now hearing we need to expand the programs.

You didn't start using war on poverty, which i took as an expression to begin with until you started talking solely about that. However, what is contained in this quote is what I was arguing about, and is all I give a fuck about because whether or not a new program against poverty was beginning with LBJ doesn't matter, when there were ones before it. Your goal was to say poverty was steadily declining without government focus and money, which is false.

As for your causal stuff, yes I do think that gun laws and gun murder rates are causally related, though the murder rate with guns is also caused by several other things, as I have previously stated.
Closed Thread