Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They will.
... sort of/kind of. The progression server here will never even make it to Luclin let alone PoP, so it's really not the same thing as the live progression servers (which will even go to the bad expansions).

Personally I (and I imagine at least half the P99 community) would love to see a "true" progressions server, that at least went to PoP, managed by Rogean. It will never happen in a million years, but I can dream.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stage 1: getting blindsided at what a clusterfuck the launch was, something which, to be fair, DBG deserves some kind of award for clusterfuckery. Even seasoned pros were whistling in admiration at this one.
I enjoy this time during a new server, i'm in it for the rush and sense of urgency. woot woot!

Quote:
Stage 2: discovering that yes, Virginia, there are armies of people with 10 accounts, and they will get those accounts in, and they will be multiple times more relentless than you.
Dont care
Quote:
Stage 3: realizing DBG could care less, those subs are sweet, sweet $$ to them.
Have money for fun so again, dont care
Quote:
Stage 4: seeing on twitch that, despite the fuckups, by the end of this weekend, at least one massive 24/7 guild (looks like Twisted Legion is in the lead) will already have the server on lockdown, Naggy and Vox ded, with a nice roster of 50's, before many even got to log in once.
See stage 2 reply
Quote:
Stage 5: futile anger at how unfair life is in everquest land. No shit, casual scum.
Its true, i am one of the casual scums now since my job takes 12 hours out of my day but, EQ has always been unfair. i dont care where you are on the food chain everyone gets frustrated at some point. even when your winning your losing.

It's possible i will quit after my month sub is up but for now the rat race is just to damn fun! lol