Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe all the mobs out of Qeynos Aqueducts. Summon players there for a solo last man standing game. Since it's indoors, no bard BS but has plenty of hiding opportunities and is an interesting zone.

Winner gets title "the Shit Lord" and checks his privileges. Call the event, "Shit's Classic."
Best idea yet, i say go for it, i'm willing to film and make something cool if this happens, need obvious float through wall access
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by klepto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Make track work.
This for the love of god.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide.Chroma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm looking to see what the Red community thinks is fun in terms of events. I know it's something you've been sore for.

There is one big stipulation, and that is I'm limited in what I can do for you guys. I can't do much more than organise and adjudicate events. I can summon players...and that's about as deep as it gets. I can't give out items/rewards, nor make custom mobs or any of that nonsense. It's possible that I can be given items to use as rewards, but ultimately it's out of my hands.

I want ideas that are inside those limits. Whether it's an organized tourney, setting up team fights, or some hunger games (I hate using that analogy, but there isn't a better way to illustrate) shit in a small zone.

No promises obviously, but I wanted to put feelers out there and see what ideas the community was holding onto.

INB4 you bring up a suspension, petition, or other nonsense that isn't related to the question at hand. If you feel that strongly, send me a PM and don't shit up my thread.
Any intervention that a GM does that breaks the sandbox is bad.

If the server doesnt have the resources to pull off sandboxy events like the 2001 halloween event id say just dont bother and spend your time banning people from the forums that make Jeffrey Dahmer-like posts, and link those bans to in-game after a while. I know that doesnt sound like much fun for you but that will help the server population more than any BotB style event you can conjure.

BotB style events are just rewards for the people who made it their mission to turn this server into a shithole.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 07-24-2015 at 04:01 AM..
Old 07-24-2015, 04:37 AM
Kobold

I remember the halloween event DO THAT! Just have it effect EVEN MORE ZONES so less chance of zerg guilds monopolizing and you can be giving everyone a fair shot at lewtz!
Old 07-24-2015, 04:56 AM
Banned

do some gnome masks

or

no-drop aon's
Old 07-24-2015, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

could do team fights with 2 selected captains

also enjoy test of tactics idea where anything and everything item wise is allowed in 6v6 fights. those fights are retarded for casters when theyre relegated to flat ground, though. enchanters, etc. are last picks when it's the front of steamfont or the arena. theyve got no evasive options really. definitely need to make the place we fight more dynamic. that's probably the number 1 thing with whatever you decide.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Summon people to potimea and do the CTF event that nilbog and I have set up there.

Organized 5v5 teams. Do eet.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:31 AM
Planar Protector

I'd settle for a bracer of the hidden as a runner up prize if DE masks are limited to 1.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

plane of earth A with a complete zone nuke would be intense, one team by the Arbiter's cave, the other at the ent to PoK, meet and fight in the middle.

that place has places to lev/ evade people like crazy. crags, temples, uneven ground, trees.

potimeA was just the arena with some decorations. there are 0 places to move/ evade/ float

lot of dope zones in PoP for potential fights, though. a flat ground area with custom shit would be like Xegony's grass area where you fight her. you'd have to keep Xegony up and rooted or something to make it interesting. Just tone down her encounter for Kunark geared players. Like an 80k rooted raid mob KoS to everyone with the same adds she had on live, but with those toned down as well.

Bastion of Thunder was a fun one too on live.

Earth had like the most dynamic texture/ monuments to use to your advantage though
Old 07-24-2015, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
plane of earth A with a complete zone nuke would be intense, one team by the Arbiter's cave, the other at the ent to PoK, meet and fight in the middle.

that place has places to lev/ evade people like crazy. crags, temples, uneven ground, trees.

potimeA was just the arena with some decorations. there are 0 places to move/ evade/ float

lot of dope zones in PoP for potential fights, though. a flat ground area with custom shit would be like Xegony's grass area where you fight her. you'd have to keep Xegony up and rooted or something to make it interesting. Just tone down her encounter for Kunark geared players. Like an 80k rooted raid mob KoS to everyone with the same adds she had on live, but with those toned down as well.

Bastion of Thunder was a fun one too on live.

Earth had like the most dynamic texture/ monuments to use to your advantage though
I have to say this is an interesting idea, summoning people in an out of reach zone would not break sandbox in any fashion, besides the summoning itself but thats understandable, its not like deathtouching people who interfere.

Again i think its unfortunate but id have to downvote anything that favors the vets of the server, if theres events for low levels to compensate too, fine, but i dont think most of the vets on this server deserve much effort spent on them. Id work on low level, not super gear dependent entry-level events first.
Closed Thread