Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA3TdLPH-V4

I love this game, pre alpha footage haha just look at that, it was so amazing at the time.

Oh and who can forget the origional battle music?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idhmDqTXUok
Old 01-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneauth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA3TdLPH-V4

I love this game, pre alpha footage haha just look at that, it was so amazing at the time.

Oh and who can forget the origional battle music?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idhmDqTXUok
That is aweomse!!! Lol, the way they run is awesome. Some parts of the environment look better in that I feel like. The naggy Solo was sweet at the end lol. Thanks for the share. Great battle music too haha
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJKI1rLXNlw

Awesome vid, got my excited for SoV!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

chat rooms to use after buffs were all gtg, to log out to,to make sure everyone was clear on strats. No cells phones, no ventrillo, etc. cuz yeah: half on dialup with one line.

What can't be reproduced is the fact that back then, EQ was likely the most amazing connection you had to an instantaneous network of global people you had access to.

that was priceless tbh. First time I ver sat in my home and said, holy shit, I'm playing an online game with people from Australia, Europe, Asia, the US, and we aretrying to make sure we are all clear who has got what in order to take down some dragon...

come the fuck on. epic. in the true sense.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chat rooms to use after buffs were all gtg, to log out to,to make sure everyone was clear on strats. No cells phones, no ventrillo, etc. cuz yeah: half on dialup with one line.

What can't be reproduced is the fact that back then, EQ was likely the most amazing connection you had to an instantaneous network of global people you had access to.

that was priceless tbh. First time I ver sat in my home and said, holy shit, I'm playing an online game with people from Australia, Europe, Asia, the US, and we aretrying to make sure we are all clear who has got what in order to take down some dragon...

come the fuck on. epic. in the true sense.
up until then I was used to 10vs10 2fort5 as the max amount of people in one game. I agree, there was something epic about having 100 different people from the around the world all killing Vox. I think pickup raids are one thing I miss from Classic the most, even if I have the gear, I still like going to planes with lots of people killing shit.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Banned

There was some magic in the original EQ that will never be recreated
Old 01-23-2013, 06:14 PM
VIP / Contributor

The biggest thing IMO: Not knowing what was next. The excitement and curiosity drove me (and I'm sure many others) to keep playing, keep leveling.

I suppose that experience is a decent driver to relive it all over again, but like the previous post alludes to, there's a certain bit of magic that just cannot be relived.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Aviak

checking eqlizer daily looking at crazy loot screenshots.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, instead of a variance, you want hundreds of people standing in a circle waiting for the precise time to start AEing?
Yes, reduce the window to 15 minutes or w/e if you don't want people knowing exactly when mobs will pop (and spamming ae), but if everyone is competing for FTE then the odds of winning the mob are random and guilds would agree to a rotation since they'd get the same amount of loot as they would expect to get on average FTE'ing without having to get everyone out to every pop and having to deal with FTE disputes.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can blame me if you choose, I don't care. I have posted my opinions on the raid scene, suggested a plan to move forward, and I wait on Rogean to implement it.
Probably want to expedite this, would be a good way to retain at least fraction of the high numbers we've been seeing lately.
Closed Thread