Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What's your preferred drug?
Heroin 15 10.87%
Cocaine 17 12.32%
Ethanol 6 4.35%
Marijuana 72 52.17%
Psychedelics 12 8.70%
Faggot raver shit 15 10.87%
Meth 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 04:58 AM
Aviak

Ether
Old 11-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Banned

There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Sarnak

lol @ fuckups
Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol @ fuckups
Its a common misconception that if one uses drugs they are a fuckup. the fundamental difference is drug use vs. drug abuse. I consider myself a drug user, getting high at night before i play video games, or when going to a party. I use drugs to enhance free time, because it is exactly that, free time. I dont go to classes high, and i dont study high, i dont even go to work high. I currently have a job and i am going to university, both of which are going very well, despite what you may think about my drug use. There is a line between time for work and time for play, and as long as you have some semblance of self control its not hard to maintain this separation.
A drug user finds themselves being blurred into the category of drug abuser once they feel the obligatory need to reach that high. Once you need to get high before work just deal with it, thats when there is a problem. That being said, there is a difference between need and want. Wanting to get high before a party or before u sit down to play eq is fine. Its your free time and no one should be able to tell you how to use it. Wanting to get high before work is fine as well, but you should recognize that this is not your free time, someone is paying you for that time, respect that. The problem arises when you need to get high before anything, imo it might be time to take a step back and ask yourself if it truly is a requirement or not. And if the answer to that question is yes, then seek medical help. Doctors are there to help you, its their hippocratic responsibility to do so. Only when someone realizes they have an abuse problem, but chooses the drug over a healthy life would i classify them as a fuckup.

Although a drug user like myself might be a rarity, we do exist. I like to have a good time when able; but when it comes to important shit, like education, and later on a career, its a no brainer. It all comes down to priorities.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Bison... if you try a known addictive substance, then find later you are addicted, and can't quit, then you are a F-up. The problem with your rationalizations is that NO one knows if they are going to get addicted, only that they CAN get addicted based on historical data. Seems to me if you try something knowing it has a chance of screwing up your life forever, you're an F-up. Your post is similar to the reasoning I've heard from countless addicts I've known.. " I'm not addicted, I just like it." "I don't need it, I just want it."

The other great argument of drug losers is that "this study is a lie" or "that's just propaganda from Big Pharma." Take it from someone that worked in a field FULL of drug abusers for years: if you use drugs recreationally, you ARE an F-up. That includes alchohol, if you are consistantly drinking til you get buzzed.
Numbing your brain for fun is F'd up.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Taco Bell.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 11-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

which drug should I use if I want to look as cool as possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your love your love your love is my drugggggggg
< oo
Old 11-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
H
Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM
VIP / Contributor

Added meth option
Closed Thread