Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Don't sleep on monk. Pretty solid starter class, doesn't need much gear, has self healing and FD. I guess a kinda big downside is you can't make an iksar one yet, but at 60 in velious a human monk is far from the worst race/class combo you could be.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

People are way too hung up on iksar for monk. Monk has a 20% class penalty on green so with the iksar racial penalty you're a full on hybrid if you wait for iksar and you're already behind on leveling. The people who have 50 monks are getting geared up right now and will be 60 way faster than most people rolling a fresh lizard monk.

You notice there's tons and tons of necros due to the power level of the class, despite iksar being far more potent for necro than for monk. But when it comes to monk there's this absurd insistence by the player base that they just "can't" do a non-iksar.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...when it comes to monk there's this absurd insistence by the player base that they just "can't" do a non-iksar.
That is the infravision, regen, and sweet animations talking, plus swimming (which is pretty sweet on Green for a level 1) and the achievement competition coming up with kunark, plenty of people gearing up to be the best iksar they can be just to be part of that initial leveling rush and chaos. Plus it doesn't matter how far ahead of the raid & gear curve you are when some newbie iksar bum rushes that VP piece laying around in the swamp, unless it doesn't spawn on the server reset.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go with bard. it will give you most opportunities in the future for both solo, group and potential raiding, as well as being the least item dependent of those choices. As a side note, bard plays completely unlike any other class. So you will get the fresh new feeling instead of "oh this class is kinda like this other one I played with a few quirks different".
I second this suggestion. Sounds like you're looking for something wildly different than your druid and it doesn't get much more different than a bard. Also, look up swarm-kiting instructional youtube videos. If you can ever find a zone that's unpopulated enough to do it without stepping on other people's toes, you'll be able to bring in exp faster than any other class.

A bard can solo insanely well in outdoor zones, can play various different roles in a group as needed (puller, mana battery, group DPS machine, CC) and with track you're also nicely set up for certain outdoor random spawns. When Kunark comes out you'll be able to do hunter/forager cycle for example.

And all you need are some cheap instruments.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, look up swarm-kiting instructional youtube videos.
If you go bard, don't do this. It's basically a self power-level and subverts the entire game. I only suggest this if you don't want to actually play EverQuest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it like, actually possible to find groups on green If I roll up a non soloable class?
Yup, but to be completely transparent 47-50 is strangely difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to try a shadowknight, a bard, a warrior or a rogue
I'd greenlight all of those. Warrior is probably the easiest to find a group with, as tanks are in demand and there's no steep exp penalty, which people care about for some reason. Bard and to a lesser extent SK will have much better QoL and some soloability. Rogue can't solo at all, but does get hide/sneak which is pretty fun. Rogue is pretty weak right now in general but will be quite in demand in Kunark.

I'd also like to point out, that you listed 3 melee classes and bard, which is for most intents and purposes a caster. So it will play much much different from the other melees you listed. If you want to truly be a melee, I'd avoid bard.

Another poster also mentioned monk, which wouldn't be a bad melee choice as well.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tanks are one of the Lesser played classes. Tunabros is wrong hehe.

But yes they're alot of enchanters.
I meant like those are the harder classes to play lol
Tanks have to be somewhat geared especially warriors and enchanters are kinda wack to play if you new =)
Old 07-12-2020, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

I also suggest a bard for a class you don't find in every game. Lays way different than every other class. Worth their weight in play in the raiding game. A good bard will "make" an exp group. As is eluded to by an above poster the bar isn't high since there aren't very many highly-skilled bards.

As with any core class, it's hard to get a valuable reputation in the group scene if you can't dedicate chunks of time to paying attention to the group. If your kids/girlfriend/wife/mistress is going to be bugging you every 15 minutes roll a wizard to make for a less stressful playing experience. You can quad with log up, so you can make progress while you wait for groups. Similar to druids in some aspect, but a wizard is highly sought after stackable dps in the kunark raid game.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-13-2020, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Stay away from any of the hybrid classes IMO as a new player (Ranger/SK/Pal/Bard) - other than that every class is generally useful. Not that the hybrids arnt there is just going to be a resurgence of hybrid hate the second Kunark launches and you will find it more difficult to group.

The "elite min/max group" that will come about in the very near future is Warrior, Monk, Enchanter, Cleric, Rogue, Shaman. Not to say the other classes are not powerful or useful but this is the meta group for Kunark.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-13-2020, 10:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

are there enough porter like druid? i'm on blue but want to make a toon in green just to have a fresh start. but it will be tough without any money to buy spells
Old 07-13-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfoxnz85 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are there enough porter like druid? i'm on blue but want to make a toon in green just to have a fresh start. but it will be tough without any money to buy spells
Make a druid and join the union, "Dial a Port" for your money successes.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread