Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Large Bat

It is Mojave 10.14.6, not supplemental update 2. Will probably update it soon though. Zipfile is uploading to dropbox, but slow upload means its probably first there by tomorrow.

/Nyme
Old 10-10-2019, 10:47 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone tried running native on 10.15 yet? I know its only out as public beta but should be officially out soon and my work is making us update. Guess I can parallels but rather just use wine
Tried moving my working Mojave wrapper over to my Catalina partition and no luck opening EQ. Tried to install from scratch and it doesn't appear WINE is yet compatible. I confirmed on the WineHQ forums that the team is still working on this but they do not have an ETA. I would say that if you rely on Wine to run p99, don't upgrade. Or make sure to set up bootcamp beforehand.

I'm not an expert on any of this, but tried a few different things to get it working to no avail.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

New OS (Catalina), any confirmation on if this works for it yet?

<Gravity>
Old 10-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Large Bat

Finally got my wrapper uploaded to Dropbox. It works with OS Mojave (10.14.6), not tested with Catalina. I think there might be a small issue with the ui where it shows a small error when you log in (but works fine). Should be fixable by downloading the patch and reapply to the UI folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbdw6qd1g4gp4sn/p99.zip?dl=0

Let me know if something is wrong

/Nyme
Old 10-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Aviak

Thanks Nyme!! its workin on High Sierra (10.13.6)~
Old 10-12-2019, 08:09 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally got my wrapper uploaded to Dropbox. It works with OS Mojave (10.14.6), not tested with Catalina. I think there might be a small issue with the ui where it shows a small error when you log in (but works fine). Should be fixable by downloading the patch and reapply to the UI folder.

/Nyme
Thank you so much Nyme! your are amazing!

Working for me on Mojave 10.14.6
Old 10-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/Nyme
Thanks. In the end, this was virtually plug and play for me (I just really didn't know what I was doing with Mac and all this Wine stuff).

Just to be clear for anyone trying this -- the wrap in the dropbox does not have the p99 patch files applied. You'll need to apply those by opening "package contents" and going into the folder.

I also got some errror about info.plist and permissions; I was able to fix this by moving the package directly to my desktop. It didn't work from a folder in my desktop -- I had to put it right on the desktop.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:49 PM
Skeleton

Quote:

/Nyme
Nyme,

When I run the game I am getting that UI error. I applied the patch to the UI folder but it's still happening.

The main issue with this "Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Default 1" to load the Everquest default skin." error is that now the main menu does not show up in game.

I can bring up settings and everything else using the hotkeys, but I can't easily access the menus. Are you seeing this on your side as well?
Old 10-14-2019, 05:19 PM
Banned

an elF goD amoNg mere mortals!! Will try it

**id advise against Catalina
Kills all 32bit supported apps
Old 10-15-2019, 04:46 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatzor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nyme,

When I run the game I am getting that UI error. I applied the patch to the UI folder but it's still happening.

The main issue with this "Your XML files are not compatible with current EverQuest files, certain windows may not perform correctly. Use "/loadskin Default 1" to load the Everquest default skin." error is that now the main menu does not show up in game.

I can bring up settings and everything else using the hotkeys, but I can't easily access the menus. Are you seeing this on your side as well?
Could be related to this thread? https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=335951

You can also try alt/command + O to see if it opens?

/Nyme