Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 12:56 AM
Aviak

Kind of important to know if a change happened. I was planning on rolling a chanter based on current Blue chanter performance. If a nerf happened it would be nice to know instead of be left in the dark.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of important to know if a change happened. I was planning on rolling a chanter based on current Blue chanter performance. If a nerf happened it would be nice to know instead of be left in the dark.
Then you are a bad enchanter.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you are a bad enchanter.
I'm a bad chanter because I want to know if a major spell line has been changed? lol
Old 10-25-2019, 01:14 AM
Aviak

Maybe do a more extensive comparison with the Shaman and report as a bug if it's obvious one is holding longer?
Old 10-25-2019, 01:56 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You are unable to critically evaluate the information presented in the original post and apply it to Everquest as a game, the class of Enchanter.

I will offer 3 reasons based on Everquest game mechanics and 3 reasons based on the language used in both the original response and yours. This will illustrate that you are probably a bad enchanter, if you are not willing to play the class based on this post or even a potential nerf to charm.

#1 He says he is a level 35 enchanter charming blue con mobs. A blue con mob can be level 34....expecting a mob 1 level below you to have long charm durations coupled with reason #2 below suggests someone with little understanding of the game or class.

#2 He has 120 charisma......... this is low.

#3 Initial post refers to charm "% drops" ignoring the use of the word drops, we still have a problem with using charm breaks as percentage.

Charm will always break (unless your pet dies), it is a question of how long does charm lasts, not a percentage of "drops". You cannot keep a pet charmed indefinitely.

Additionally, are all these charm times for the exact same mob, charmed right after each break? Is it on different mobs, different mob types? No information is provided...ie LOGS.

#4 His post is predicated by stating if a change was made due to whiney trolls... his intentions are pretty clear, he thinks the staff changes the game based on "whiney trolls" instead of attempting to replicate an original experience. You're taking this at face value.

#5 "was" is past tense and implies you are re-considering rolling an enchanter if charm does not provide you consistent safety and easy gameplay. Your post reads as if you are not willing to play an enchanter if charm may have changed... for an already incredibly powerful and unique class even without charm.

#6 You have not attempted to test these non-fact based findings on your own. You say you want to know if there was a nerf but you are not attempting to to corroborate the "data" presented here.

Is that sufficient for my previous assumptions and post?

Yes, I think so.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called charm break, not "pet drop".
Old 10-25-2019, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

Is it funny that if they nerfed enchanter I would play enchanter? The Charm pet meta is what keeps me away from them.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Must we be so snarky and cutting? We can communicate in ways other than burns.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must we be so snarky and cutting? We can communicate in ways other than burns.
me? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-25-2019, 02:31 AM
Large Bat

As Irfzero meticulously goes over, there's not much you can draw from this post except that possibly ~1 min charms are to be expected with 120 charisma (though the sample size is low and possibly not the same mob type). From what I recall, charm does resist checks every tick based on level/MR/Cha, so if one of those is lacking, you're gonna have a bad time.
Closed Thread