Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 12:20 AM
Aviak

Default screaming terror, charisma, and necromancers

The wiki says in many places that necro spells that lull (dead and otherwise, such as screaming terror) go off of Charisma, but some people I've talked to are ADAMANT that it does not
Old 08-06-2020, 12:49 AM
Sarnak

screaming terror is not a lull it's a blur/mez
I've used it a few times to split a camp, I'm also alteration specc'd
my charisma is garbage, but in most cases, level means more than charisma
Old 08-06-2020, 01:25 AM
Aviak

I know level is most important here, but is there a charisma check?
Old 08-06-2020, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

Technically, no one knows for sure. I believe charisma is a part of the resist check and the mem blur chance, too. It's nothing close to the degree lull is affected by cha, however,
Old 08-06-2020, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

First, the pacify spell checks level. The lower level the mob is in relation to you, the lower the chance of a resist. The higher level the mob is in relation to you, the greater the chance of a resist.

If you get a resist, then it looks at your charisma to see if you got a critical resist. This is true for all classes. Yes, necros get the shaft because they never have high charisma (they get FD, though).

Source: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=23
Quote:
From what I understand it doesn't affect the resist rate as it does whether the mob will decide to attack on resist.

There is a method "PassCharismaCheck" that occurs on resist that uses the following formula
The thread contains two other posts stating the same.

What this means is that if you're lulling a low-level mob, there's a high chance the lull will land and your charisma won't even be taken into account.
Last edited by Videri; 08-06-2020 at 05:27 AM..
Old 09-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Aviak

IME, charisma will increase the memblur success frequency of Screaming Terror and Rest the Dead, and will decrease the frequency of critical resists from Rest the Dead.

<Aftermath>
Old 09-21-2020, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdogornone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
screaming terror
Ignoring lull for this. In EQEmu's source code spells which have a CHA resist component get essentially a -1 resist mod per 10 cha past 75*, and a +6 penalty per 10 below 75. P1999 does not tend to disclose what customizations they made beyond their patch notes so we don't know if it works like that here, but subjectively it seems to match what I see mezzing with high cha on my enchanter.

That's not an answer, but it does suggest that if you can swing between <15 cha and >75 cha you should probably see the difference in a small sample of screaming terror casts against a mob that is somewhat resisty at 75 cha.

*Both this rate and whether a spell takes cha into account appear to be configurable; I think they would be trivial for P1999 to customize. CHA for this purpose may be capped at 200 in some versions of EQEmu.
Closed Thread