Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Default Anyone grinded OT faction as ranger?

I'm wondering how long it would take to become non-kos with the braid turn-ins. I've turned in about 50 or so and I'm still scowls.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

It's a rough road for everyone with the OT faction. IF you have your VP key, find a guild clearing it and ask to run along for the faction hits on the dragons. Otherwise.... farm them braids.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Aviak

It's going to take a looooong time. the quest page for the OT hammer has some example calculations of how many turn-ins would take to get you to amiable. Time however long it takes you to get 4 braids and multiply it by the number of turn-ins you think you'll need. If you can make the plat for a puppet string OT hammer purchase in less than that time it might be a better use of time.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:21 PM
Aviak

I have experience with doing the OT faction bezerker braid quest a bunch. Keep at it, but it does take a loooong time. A long time.

I have an Erudite Magician that was dubious to outpost, to my surprise, and I started doing the quests at level 48-49 if I recall correctly. I wish I could give you some hard numbers but I just remember saying to myself, "I'm still not amiable yet!?".

I'm replying because I am wondering how you are doing your turn ins as a ranger since I have one as well and didn't think it was possible, otherwise I would grind it to.

But from scowling, that would be at least a months worth of turn ins lol.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Basically, you invis into the outpost, safe spot cast harmony on all the workers, then sneak and turn in. I've only died a few times (when someone opens the bank door, sometimes Veers attacks, or when he starts his patrol), but there are always rezzers at the ramp to help with that.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

I started at level 36 I believe. I'm now 40 leveling only on zerk xp and braid turn ins, still scowls. Will update if I ever get to threatening.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

If you can get to the high end of apprehensively that some races start with it goes from 120 whips down to 40 needed if you have an ornate rune pendant to click.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started at level 36 I believe. I'm now 40 leveling only on zerk xp and braid turn ins, still scowls. Will update if I ever get to threatening.
Good luck. Just remember if you end up getting amiable, that you should avoid leveling in Karnor's Castle later on. Many of the mobs such as drolvargs in KC will lower your VS faction when killed. It would suck to lose all the hard work.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck. Just remember if you end up getting amiable, that you should avoid leveling in Karnor's Castle later on. Many of the mobs such as drolvargs in KC will lower your VS faction when killed. It would suck to lose all the hard work.
also avoid kaesora
Old 01-27-2017, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

You didn't like torturing yourself enough by playing a ranger on classic eq, but you also decide to do this?
Closed Thread