Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 04:55 AM
Aviak

Personally I can tell you I enjoyed that level range in Oasis.

I was only killing undead and brought out the Undead spell kit that consisted of Ward Undead, Sense the Dead, and Spook the Dead.

Only DoT I would add to them was Engulfing Darkness, other than that I'd just nuke away with the Undead DD (I also love the -Magic component it has). Obviously keeping Dark Pact up and having Lifedraw up for health.

Super easy and safe EXP, goes much faster with Clarity and if you can get a Magician to summon you a Staff of Symbols/acquire a Rusty Halberd from a merchant also makes your pet hit for 20 dmg per swing.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-12-2020, 06:10 AM
Sarnak

polak, cech, or slovak? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Do the LF bandit sisters. Two at firepit are doublepull, but the other two are singles. At such low level, the math is simple and gives some room for errors and resists/RNG. Each sister has 260HP (+/- 20HP). If you pull them far enough from camp, they run at 20%. If you have to run, Mistmoore is really close so practice that strafe run.

I solo'ed that camp from lvl12 with my enchanter (as a matter of fact, everytime I play a new toon, I take them there at 12/13. Good exp until 17). It is frequently occupied thou, so either check later or try to share.

Zdar
Old 07-12-2020, 07:33 AM
Planar Protector

16-20 do Scarecrows in WK fields ( https://wiki.project1999.com/West_Karana ) #10 on the map. They're Undead mobs so you can use your 30mana Ward Undead nuke, and your 10mana fear undead spell.

If you don't have much of a mana pool, then pull with an Engulfing Darkness, Send Pet, Spook the Dead (UD Fear), Heat Blood, 1 Ward Undead, Sit/Med, re-fear as needed.

If you do have a big mana pool, pull with Darkness, and snare kite it with Ward Undead while pet beats on it.

I did this on a Necro 16-20 and it went pretty fast. There's often high level Druids / Shamans in the zone camping Ogres also, so you can usually grab some free HP buffs and Sow as well.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
16-20 do Scarecrows in WK fields ( https://wiki.project1999.com/West_Karana ) #10 on the map. They're Undead mobs so you can use your 30mana Ward Undead nuke, and your 10mana fear undead spell.

If you don't have much of a mana pool, then pull with an Engulfing Darkness, Send Pet, Spook the Dead (UD Fear), Heat Blood, 1 Ward Undead, Sit/Med, re-fear as needed.
Thank you, these Scarecrows looks like what I was looking for and my corpse is already close [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If this doesn't work, will try the other suggestions, thank you everyone for all the tips.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably I didn't properly express myself. English is not my mother language. I did read Saserrix (typing per memory, apology for butchering the name) guide. I didn't understand it. It is way above my game comprehension. I don't know how to explain it, it is too complicated for me. I'm simple guy, I need simple, short & to the point directions, especially when directions are in (for me) foreign language.

I have heard many times, necro is one of the simplest classes to play, you only need few spells. So i know i'm doing something wrong, over complicating... hence I came here to ask for some help, which spells to use on which mobs. Since you can't use the same set of spells for all mobsters, I thought I will get some specific help, go there, kill that mob, use these spells at your level.
simplest class? I'd say necro has much more going on then say a mage or wizard. Mage is just /pet attack + reclaim + nuke. Wizard is just nuke nuke. Necro can root/rot, fear kite, charm undead, split camps, ghetto mez, etc..

its usually never as simple as "go here and use these spells to kill that thing", EQ is more like college, you gotta experiment! Card A usually goes into Slot B but this one time you got drunk and put Card A into Slot G and who knows maybe something magical happened.

Killing those sisters still? wiki says their about 7-13 (if accurate), level 13 mob per the wiki has about 300hp (again if accurate). That means the lv12 darkness and lv12 heatblood would almost kill the thing outright so you'd need to back off heatblood and use a lesser dot or just a tap. gotta find the balance between mana output/exp gains/downtime.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
simplest class? I'd say necro has much more going on then say a mage or wizard. Mage is just /pet attack + reclaim + nuke. Wizard is just nuke nuke. Necro can root/rot, fear kite, charm undead, split camps, ghetto mez, etc..

its usually never as simple as "go here and use these spells to kill that thing", EQ is more like college, you gotta experiment! Card A usually goes into Slot B but this one time you got drunk and put Card A into Slot G and who knows maybe something magical happened.

Killing those sisters still? wiki says their about 7-13 (if accurate), level 13 mob per the wiki has about 300hp (again if accurate). That means the lv12 darkness and lv12 heatblood would almost kill the thing outright so you'd need to back off heatblood and use a lesser dot or just a tap. gotta find the balance between mana output/exp gains/downtime.
Maybe true but low hp = easy kill and perfect for him to practice on. Good xp and money to equipt himself as well.
45 Dark Elf Wizard - Smurf PVP
41 Enchanter - Jeffery PVP
37 Iksar Monk - Buster PVP
26 Human Ranger - Kenny PVP
RED99
Old 07-13-2020, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenloar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I can tell you I enjoyed that level range in Oasis.

I was only killing undead and brought out the Undead spell kit that consisted of Ward Undead, Sense the Dead, and Spook the Dead.
When I'm 17 I will go back and try again. Not sure why Oasis is so toxic to me. I need to check if I have all three spells you mentioned. I know I have Ward Undead since it is research and research papers easy obtainable at vendor. I may miss one of both others, which would explain my troubles with undead. That would be so typical of me. Other two toons have money, but my Necro is for now pooor (but not for long!) and I know I wasn't buying all the spells. Will take care of this, thanks for the detailed info!
Old 07-13-2020, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are correct, my bad. I worded it wrong. You can hear left and right, how is Necro fastest to level with. And I translated this into easiest. (and was scratching my head since I found it easiest to die with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] although admitting, by not playing it correctly)
Old 07-13-2020, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hang in there! I was really underwhelmed by my necro until he hit 34....then he became awesome!
I see, ok I though party starts earlier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness I think I'm OK now
Old 07-13-2020, 08:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just coming back to tell you, this worked. Actually, I have now 3 easy targets, these Scarecrows (hmm are there really more than one? I managed to only see 1 at a time), that Bard from 5 minutes bard diet, forgot I was reading about this already, but never tried until now, and those brown (carion or similar) spiders next to Craig spiders.

Now suddenly everything is easy. After I died one more time in Oasis when I tried to get back to lvl 16. In Karanas everything is easy. Oasis is death to me, something i'm doing wrong there. (plus didn't have most undead spells lol)

I'm now set for almost up to lvl30. With these three I mentioned above and Craig spiders i will go to somewhere around 21-23, then off to the island with gargoyles (where are Spectres on top) for some needed platina until 28, then I will try my first guards.

Again, thank you and all others for all the help I got.

Note to myself: Necros actually DO NEED those undead spells! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To-Do: get all undead spells then go only after undead npc's!
Last edited by pivo; 07-13-2020 at 09:00 PM..
Closed Thread