Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 05:25 AM
Planar Protector

Get your focus items finished if you can, they really do help with extra tankyness ^^
Old 10-08-2020, 10:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I always preferred using water early on and tossing on a damage shield. They have a good balance of HP and damage plus their innate regen is nice. My fire pet always seemed to die ( no renew elements early in green server ) Although now that renew elements is in game using fire pet should work fine. Since their innate damage is so good you could always just replace your damage shield spell slot with renew to pet fire pet kicking. Happy hunting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2020, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Renew elements is in game currently. It diversifies your strategies.

Which pet you use doesn't matter a ton. There are techniques for them all. Unless you're the 1% of the 1% and get the Inny earth staff, then you use the earth pet.

You can chain pets by casting a new pet(before the old pet dies) then using the pet command /pet get to get rid of your first pet just before the spell finishes casting. Hit a few /pet attack as your summon spell finishes so your pet goes for the mob before you get hit. You want to be a ways away so your new pet has time to steal aggro off you before the mobs get to you.

If you're doing this with fire pet make sure to tap a couple /pet back (after it gets aggro) to allow your pet to cast it's self DS(it doesn't come rebuffed when you summon it).

Pet haste is important, don't under estimate it.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 01-08-2021, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

If I was so inclined to hand craft a set of banded armor, a shield and hand it to my pet, would my pet equip it all?

I think it'd be a heavy boost to AC

plus pets with shield get shield AC bonus, + bash?

Do pets get innate AC?

I would only do this for a hard pull were i'm nuking and gating or something.

Kinda cheeper than spaming wort pots sorta.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was so inclined to hand craft a set of banded armor, a shield and hand it to my pet, would my pet equip it all?

I think it'd be a heavy boost to AC

plus pets with shield get shield AC bonus, + bash?

Do pets get innate AC?

I would only do this for a hard pull were i'm nuking and gating or something.

Kinda cheeper than spaming wort pots sorta.
I normally throw looted bronze on to pets, people claim they can notice, i have doubts. It is said they don’t have duplicate slits (ie one ear, finger,wrist).

The real question is how often should we give pets food, and what is each pets best snack?
Old 01-08-2021, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I normally throw looted bronze on to pets, people claim they can notice, i have doubts. It is said they don’t have duplicate slits (ie one ear, finger,wrist).

The real question is how often should we give pets food, and what is each pets best snack?
I thought someone proved with hp rings and charm that level 1 npcs have at least two ring slots. Should be easy enough to retest.
Old 01-08-2021, 04:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Earth pets love grub wurms
Water Pets love fish of any kind
Fire pets love meat
Air pets like to drink alcohol
Epic pet is a moonshine and hookers kinda guy.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth pets love grub wurms
Water Pets love fish of any kind
Fire pets love meat
Air pets like to drink alcohol
Epic pet is a moonshine and hookers kinda guy.
And what about the oft forgot summoned monster?
Old 01-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought someone proved with hp rings and charm that level 1 npcs have at least two ring slots. Should be easy enough to retest.
We are talking bout Mage pets here, though.
Closed Thread