Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't cheat because I don't know how.

I don't cheat because there's no point in cheating on a 12 year old game that I'm trying to enjoy and reap nostalgia from.
lol this is why this isnt the real diggle haha
Old 08-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Skeleton

You can claim we are too stupid to cheat if you like. I claim I am too lazy... oh and too busy WINNING
Old 08-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Aviak

All this suspension of cheaters is ruining my classic experience.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half of you would have done it too if you been aware you could do it.

The other half of you didn't need to do it cause your "mate" on the other side of your teamspeak/chatbox did it for you.

See you in two weeks.
It's probably not difficult to find out how to hack the game - most people who don't know just haven't spent the time to know. Why?

Get this - because we don't care to know how to hack. I play everquest to play everquest, not to hack everquest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

I was probably busy having sex when people were cheating here.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default I'm not holier than thou, this is just entertaining is all...

EC was as deserted as I've ever seen it last night. There were only a half dozen people selling wares at any given time. The impact these events have had on the economy is immediatly noticable, and it's refreshing.

I wonder how much in-game plat had been consolodated and lost by "Plat Merchants" who were wiped out by yesterdays events. How many Millionaires existed before yesterday and how many still exist in P99 today.

Maybe the impact wasn't as sweeping as I would like to believe, but 350+ acounts suspended and stripped seems like there was potential for a LOT of money to have been lost.

How many people now have Manastones (or whatever) that they will be trying to peddle for the same astronomical prices as before? Will it be 2 weeks before we see these legendary items return to auction?

Many of those people will probably quit, and if losing boatloads of questionably-earned platinum is enough to ruin a FTP game for you, then good ridance. But many, if not most will return, I'm sure of it. This game is too great, and they're probably too obsessive not to.

Viva Project 1999!!!

...and kudos to the powers that be.
Last edited by ALLWILL; 08-28-2011 at 01:46 PM..
Old 08-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Half of you would have done it too if you been aware you could do it.

The other half of you didn't need to do it cause your "mate" on the other side of your teamspeak/chatbox did it for you.

See you in two weeks.

I vote for Perm-ban for all the hackers!!! 2 weeks is a bunch a bullcrap..
Old 08-28-2011, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was probably busy having sex when people were cheating here.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLWILL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC was as deserted as I've ever seen it last night. There were only a half dozen people selling wares at any given time. The impact these events have had on the economy is immediatly noticable, and it's refreshing.

I wonder how much in-game plat had been consolodated and lost by "Plat Merchants" who were wiped out by yesterdays events. How many Millionaires existed before yesterday and how many still exist in P99 today.

Maybe the impact wasn't as sweeping as I would like to believe, but 350+ acounts suspended and stripped seems like there was potential for a LOT of money to have been lost.
Love these points. As for manastones, make them drop of random mobs for the next 2 weeks, be awesome and would award all of us who DIDN'T CHEAT.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Skeleton

I am holier than thou
Closed Thread