Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This became even more fun when they added that one random instance zone in GoD (I think) that never expired and was full of non-aggro melee mobs. The zone had no loot, nothing. Most people didn't even know it existed. It's like it was implemented specifically for people to run MQ scripts to AFK level.
I remember this zone. You are right, it was was built as a test zone for people who wanted pure experience, nothing more. I believe it was one of those instanced sewers in GoD, I can't remember the name - not that it matters, you can't pronounce any zone names in GoD anyway.

I bet a good 90% of the EQ population did not know there were more than 1 instance group zone in GoD.

Daybringer Savard Exmortis the Emancipator
85 Shadowknight of Darkstar Alliance
Torvonnilous / Fennin Ro
(Retired)
Old 09-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Personally i still enjoy current day EQ content. Its all the whiny ass crybabies that wants things made easier for them that made me quit playing.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

AAs are fun when you're getting them but it shits all over new players who have no one to group with since you aren't making alts but grinding AA on max chars instead...so they leave.

And that would go double for an emu server where people are trying to relive a classic experience of grouping in all those newbie areas again. If I came to the server as a lowbie and I couldn't find many people to play with, I would have left.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im telling you all, it was PLANE OF KNOWLEDGE that was the true turning point in EQ. The book of classic EQ was closed the moment PoK opened up. I think this EMU would be perfect if it went up to Planes of Power, minus plane of knowlege. Just have the book in Nexus teleport you straight to Plane of Tranquility and call it a day.
This should happen to keep the server alive implament luclin and pop but dont put PoK and have the book in nexus port you to potranq.... Best idea ever
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Kobold

I think Luclin is quite salvageable as a classic expansion. Just disable the bazaar/spires and replace them with something more 'classic.'

Ssra wasn't the only good raid zone. The Umbral Plains was a hoot to pull and clear, imo. The Deep with the invisible bridge leading to Thought Horror. Grieg's End with the crazy maze of illusion casting mobs leading to Grieg Veneficus. I'll go as far to say that it was my favorite raid expansion ever. Not to mention the much needed AA's for class balancing and dungeon grinding in your downtime.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Luclin is quite salvageable as a classic expansion. Just disable the bazaar/spires and replace them with something more 'classic.'

Ssra wasn't the only good raid zone. The Umbral Plains was a hoot to pull and clear, imo. The Deep with the invisible bridge leading to Thought Horror. Grieg's End with the crazy maze of illusion casting mobs leading to Grieg Veneficus. I'll go as far to say that it was my favorite raid expansion ever. Not to mention the much needed AA's for class balancing and dungeon grinding in your downtime.
Favorite raid expansion ever? Most of the raid zones were horrible, falling thru the map was common with all the gravity flux and the "newer" graphics.

Emp Ssra was fun and Ssra temple was an awesome zone, but nothing like Kael Drakkel, NToV, Plane of Mischief. Not even a fun group zone like Velketors. Just dumb space camels and big rock guys. Although Seru did look cool in his full plate. Wish they had that armor in game. Loved giving his sword to pets.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned

This is an obvious troll post.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falisaty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This should happen to keep the server alive implament luclin and pop but dont put PoK and have the book in nexus port you to potranq.... Best idea ever
Plenty of crap out there past Velious. This is the ONLY true classic server in existence. Please don't take that from us. If someone wants this garbage they can go play on other emus or SOEs Mac server
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Kobold

i personally thought it was one of the worst expansions this game had.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Sarnak

Some Luclin things were cool: that giant worm event in the deep, the grey, the layout of ssra, Fungus Grove and even AA's were "good".

Many things were permanently scarring: Keying up entire raid forces for emperor ssra (which included the keys as well as getting Bane weapons), then discovering that VT keys were an even huger rectal probing. Plus do you remember that it took a solid half hour to 45 minutes of constant beating on them to kill many raid targets? So deathly boring.
Closed Thread